Sign in to follow this  

Seres number of a Dodge Brothers 1928/29

I have a Dodge Brothers that looks like a 1929, the motor number is 36113 but I have not been able to locate the serial number, can any body tell me where to find it?, I wpould also like to know if there is any other way to be sure about the year it was built.

Thank you.

There were several models available in '28 starting with the 4-cyl, standard-6, Victory-6, and Senior-6. You neglected to mention the number of cylinders. For most of these models the frame, or car serial number, will be located on the right frame rail about the rear spring shackle of the front spring. You also neglected to mention if this is a RHD or LHD. There were also several models in '29. Starting with model DB, DA, and the 2252 senior. As I understand the serial number is also in the same location on these. I hope these data will help. Good Luck! R.A.H.

For Senior Six, Victory Six, Standard Six, and DA, the engine numbers are on the manifold side, stamped (die cut) in recessed figures about 1/2 inch high just above or ahead of the manifold on the milled surface of the engine block. The questionner's number does not look right. He may be reading a casting number somewhere on the engine. The engine number is stamped.

There's also a problem our friend from Colombia is going to have indentifying his car in that the serial numbers, model designations, and more for export cars are all mixed up. For some exports, the serial number stamped on the right frame rail does not exist because it got in the way of the RHD steering column. This is not always so, so I urge Colombia to look in that location anyhow. I have also seen serial numbers on export cars stamped on the oil pan. Really we ought to have a photograph of the car to help identify it. In any case, for all these six-cylinder cars built in 1928-1929 period, there ought to be a letter prefix before the number. Engine or frame number will have a prefix.

JCB