63 Driver

63wildcatconvertible

Recently sold my 65 Riviera GS and starting on making the 63 Wildcat more enjoyable to drive. Rebuilt the Dynaflow, new 4 core, water pump and fan clutch and repop shroud for a 1st Gen Rivi. Not sure the AC is going to hold a charge, maybe find out next summer. Power windows and top all work very well. Cornering lights, AM/FM and power antenna work. Tach, pop-trunk and tilt are good. Power seat sticks and needs 'help' but my wife can drive using my seat position. Heater core is good for now (TG).

Going to need to rebuild the drive shaft (been through that a few times with my Riviera's over the years.

IMG_0611.JPG

• Like 5

Take a look at the big screw in the power seat mechanism.  The old grease has a tendency to harden into something like plastic when the seat is left in one place too long.  Clean the hardened grease off, clean it and re-lube it.  Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ed

• Like 1

Concur.  Pull the seat, take off the power mechanism, clean out all the hardened grease, and relube.  You might also want to run some lube down the cables and disassemble the motor.  These seat mechanisms are built to last -- and they do, save for the effects of that hardened grease.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...