1973 Buick Centurion Convertible

WWS

I found this car for sale a block from my house and thought I would post it up for anyone interested. It is not mine, just posting it for the owner

1973 Centurion Convertible, Bamboo cream with black top and black interior. The car shows 71K miles, but can not confirm this. Looks to me like all rusty areas were cut out and new metal welded in, trunk looked solid from what I saw. Paint is nice, and has good gloss to it. Chrome work is all good, a bit of fading on rear bumper. All panels looked smooth and the car looks nice outside.

Interior is in good condition, but the seat foams should be replaced, carpets are clean and no issues. Dash does not have any cracks in it. Interior chrome work/bezels has some pitting.  Top worked and looked to have been replaced a few years ago. Door panels are good with no cracks. Drivers door lock mechanism is stuck in locked position, we didn't play with it, and it may be a simple fix.

As it was rather chilly this morning, I could not tell if the AC worked or not. Its all there, but un tested. Does have the matching hard parade boot for the top.

Engine has been rebuilt but the person who owned the car has passed away and there in no documentation of what was done. It ran smooth on the test drive, seemed maybe to lack a little of the power I would have associated with a 73 455. This may be that the engine was never power timed for peak performance. Because of some hesitation when cold, may be a good idea to rebuild the Qjet. Has a slight exhaust leak at the exhaust manifold. Easy fix. Dual exhaust appears to be newer and is clean.

Car drove fine, to suit my taste, I would replace the shocks and check bushing in the front end. For someone looking for a little winter project, this may be a great candidate. The car is located in Mt Vernon IA

Any questions, please contact Mr Don Thompson at 319-899-1229 He is asking $7000 for the car

SOLD

b5.jpg

b4.jpg

buick1.jpg

b6.jpg

b7.jpg

buick.jpg

b8.jpg

b9.jpg

b12.jpg

b10.jpg

b11.jpg