keithb7

1929 Dodge Brothers Parts?

Hi folks. I have a line on a 1929 Dodge. It's been stored in a garage since the 60's. Appears mostly original. Engine last ran in 1999. Engine is not locked up. Once we know it runs, we need to make it safe.  

I am new to sourcing parts for this model of car and era. Can anyone make some recommendations for good suppliers for brake parts? Drums, shoes, wheel pistons, maybe piston seal kits? 

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Keith

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Thank you very much. This is pretty close to me so freight savings are a help too!

Check out Myers Early Dodge and Romar...Myers has parts cars as well if you need something not in a catalogue ( I got bumpers there for my '29) Also, check out local mom and pop shops for things you can't do. I had my engine head resurfaced, valves redone, body / paintwork, chrome and radiator work all done locally in small shops that have been open for decades. (your car sounds in a lot better shape than mine was) Have fun w/ it!

I am looking for a speedometer gear assembly. The one on the left is wrong. The one on the right is what I had in my transmission. 

578795DE-4260-4105-984A-988851F606C2.jpeg

15 hours ago, Tom V. said:

I am looking for a speedometer gear assembly. The one on the left is wrong. The one on the right is what I had in my transmission. 

578795DE-4260-4105-984A-988851F606C2.jpeg

I can’t tell if this is the same or not. But I thought I would show you anyway. Just posted on eBay today:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Brothers-Speedometer-Drive-Gear-1914-to-1925/323981304267?hash=item4b6eca61cb:g:LDIAAOSwgeZdzsxM

I appreciate your looking for me but this is the wrong type.  It should have a higher helix to he gear and measure approximately 4.16 inches in over all length  

9 hours ago, Tom V. said:

I appreciate your looking for me but this is the wrong type.  It should have a higher helix to he gear and measure approximately 4.16 inches in over all length  

Hi Tom,

What model is your Dodge Brothers vehicle ?

Dave

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Tom V. said:

A 1920 Touring. 

Sorry I can't help. 

Just a suggestion, maybe start your own thread in this Dodge Brothers section and label it something like " Need 1920 Touring Gear/Parts". You may have better luck that way because most guys who have extra parts in their inventory won't necessarily click on this thread and therefore may never see your request. You could also post it in the "PARTS WANTED" section at the top of the forum.

Here's a link to that section: https://forums.aaca.org/forum/149-parts-wanted/

Just a thought..

Good luck, I wish I could help.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)