victorialynn2

Show me your Foliage!

This week has seen the best color of the year.

Here are the leaves embowering the fins of a 1961 Imperial.

But no matter how I adjust the picture, the photograph

doesn't come close to the brightness and glory of the

leaves seen in person.

DSCF4788 - Copy.JPG

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Here's another car, a 1928 LaSalle, from the inspired

Cadillac-LaSalle catalogue, "Color Creations from Nature's Studio."

The colors were modeled after those of the mineral

"curite," but I think they are good autumn-leaf colors, too.

The catalogue says the dashboard was even done in bright orange.

1927 LaSalle--Curite car.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a picture of my 1950 F1 before I even saw it in person. I bought it from pictures and a friend's inspection. The seller drove it 65 mils to my friends house and he snapped a few more pictures to send me. I picked it up at his house about a month later. I have changed the tires, added trim rings to the wheels and made lower side boards. I have had it 8 years and have put about 4000 miles on it. Took a 30+ mile foliage tour in it yesterday with out local region, guess I should have stopped for a new photo op.

F1-15.jpg

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Jim Bollman said:

Here is a picture of my 1950 F1 before I even saw it in person. I bought it from pictures and a friend's inspection. The seller drove it 65 mils to my friends house and he snapped a few more pictures to send me. I picked it up at his house about a month later. I have changed the tires, added trim rings to the wheels and made lower side boards. I have had it 8 years and have put about 4000 miles on it. Took a 30+ mile foliage tour in it yesterday with out local region, guess I should have stopped for a new photo op.

F1-15.jpg

Very nice!

On 10/27/2017 at 9:33 PM, Xander Wildeisen said:

I bought this 55 Desoto in McMinnville. And the flying Hudson happened just outside of Banks.

55 desoto 002.JPG

Xander, curious who you bought the car from? It’s a small town and I may know them. What a coincidence. 

That is taxing the brain. That car was bought off of ebay in the spring/summer of 2009. The owner lived in a manufactured home/housing neighborhood. The car sat under a car port. He had owned the car for a long time, had work done on it, and never got it back on the road. Seats needed to be redone, and some of the trim was not on the car. Bought it in non running condition. Might be able to go through me ebay feedback, and get you an ebay name, if that helps? A lot has gone on out here since the purchase of the Desoto. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

That is taxing the brain. That car was bought off of ebay in the spring/summer of 2009. The owner lived in a manufactured home/housing neighborhood. The car sat under a car port. He had owned the car for a long time, had work done on it, and never got it back on the road. Seats needed to be redone, and some of the trim was not on the car. Bought it in non running condition. Might be able to go through me ebay feedback, and get you an ebay name, if that helps? A lot has gone on out here since the purchase of the Desoto. 

No worries. Not worth digging that far. Thanks for saving it!

Xander: Do you still have the DeSoto? I used to have one just like that (but a different color).

No, it was sold in late 2009,  can not remember the sale date. I have a lot of pictures of all the cars that I have owned. Most of the pictures have the dates on them. So that is how I know when I bought/sold them. I have always liked 55 Desotos, a person can find good buys on 55-56 Desotos. Great entry car for a person wanting to get into old cars for not a lot of money. Very over looked IMO.

My first car was a 57 DeSoto. 2 door with a small Hemi Bought it at Mr Norm’s grand Spaulding Dodge in 1963. The only old rusted car on the lot. Paid $200 for it that included title tax plates and a new set of tires. Me Norm’s was the muscle car place in Chicago area. 

Great thread Victoria Lynn, thanks for starting it.

Mid-Michigan, unfortunately most of the leaves are gone now and the sun was low but I had just enough light and took a couple of shots after a little drive.

20171108_162303.thumb.jpg.510949e878d6efef22ad3fae355016e7.jpg20171108_162715.thumb.jpg.cd5a01541ccd4f124b4a97f857ee6dfb.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Stude Light said:

Great thread Victoria Lynn, thanks for starting it.

Mid-Michigan, unfortunately most of the leaves are gone now and the sun was low but I had just enough light and took a couple of shots after a little drive.

20171108_162303.thumb.jpg.510949e878d6efef22ad3fae355016e7.jpg20171108_162715.thumb.jpg.cd5a01541ccd4f124b4a97f857ee6dfb.jpg

Nice pics! My father was raised in Michigan and I spent time there when I was young with aunts and uncles. Beautiful state. 

Victoria Lynn . Just to let you know I spent 10 hours picking up that Foliage! after my road trip to Tx..

Just today..

IMG_5487.JPG

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

Remember those days we’ll back in NH. Now my landscaper uses a blower and it doesn’t take him nearly as long!

I worked on four properties .. with a blower also..

• Sad 1

Thank you, everyone, for all the beautiful cars with fall foliage. I will add one.

plymouth-1c.Nov-2017.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, old car fan said:

Fantastic post  the best and most active for a bit

I’m loving these pics. I think we should do this in the spring also!

• Like 1