Show me your Foliage!

victorialynn2

4 hours ago, John348 said:

The leaves are starting to loose their color and autumn is about to go brown in a day or two, was out back enjoying a cup of coffee and decided to take the cover off the 60 and take this photo. Those trees and my privacy will be gone to a sub division, it was a great 35 years of privacy.... soon to be gone

IMG_5426.JPG

Sorry to hear that John. I had to cut down over half of dad’s trees on his 5 acres due to oak wilt killing trees. Now we can see the main road and neighbors. It’s a bummer to loose the privacy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John348 said:

Those trees and my privacy will be gone to a sub division, it was a great 35 years of privacy.... soon to be gone

Plant some Leland Cypress if they will grow in your area. They will grow from the size of a broom handle to what you see in the photo below in about 7 years. They make a good privacy fence. They also do a good job of absorbing traffic noise from the street just behind them.

SAM_2747.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
2 hours ago, edinmass said:

All I can offer is cars with palm trees.............😎

Ed, I want to say the same, just can't get my wife leave the Vampire State, oops I meant Empire..

I do have to admit that these weeks in September and October are fantastic in lower NY , if the weather was like this year around it would be almost worth the taxes and pot holes,,,but it is not

• Like 2

Taken a couple of years ago.  Still summer here but shortly after Hershey we should begin to see a change.   Our transition time-frame here is brief, and it never seems like we have much time available for that here - one day everything is green, the next day it's all on the ground. 

Terry

GTO resized for forum.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Is anyone taking any good foliage pics with their cars yet? I wonder if Hershey has color yet?

Trees around Hershey are still 98% green.

Some patches of sumac (a woody shrub) are bright, though.

Hershey, being in the southern part of the state, doesn't get

colors as spectacular as northern Pennsylvania.  However,

some years are better than others, and in some years,

especially those with colder autumns, the colors can be beautiful.

• Thanks 1

Lubed the valves and set out to gas up and hunt color. Stopped for a bright yellow tree, and then didn't get too much farther than the REAL gas station. Sundays you will always run in to a car guy or two. Yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap. We all know how that goes. At least there was a little color at the gas station. Andrew with the mini was so fascinated with the '24 Cad, that I took him for a pretty good ride. I guess I might as well post these pictures to prove someone was out this weekend.   -   Carl 

C059F95A-D73E-4BB8-899E-21A3549BE960.jpeg

EDECF90F-FCA2-47CD-B756-914490B7D5F6.jpeg

F8CDB578-0BD2-45F7-87CF-DDB6F4F9A197.jpeg

4AC7F1EE-0662-4397-817E-EB410F3E58AA.jpeg

• Like 5

No color here yet, after a dry summer we don't expect much except that they'll turn brown and fall off.   Last year we did a tour

at the end of leaf season and found a little color (Picture)  We're hoping for no fires this year.

901370729_LeafPeeperTour2018.thumb.jpg.c56b7a44bdf1f31a8be32406d974705f.jpg

• Like 3