Show me your Foliage!

victorialynn2

That is taxing the brain. That car was bought off of ebay in the spring/summer of 2009. The owner lived in a manufactured home/housing neighborhood. The car sat under a car port. He had owned the car for a long time, had work done on it, and never got it back on the road. Seats needed to be redone, and some of the trim was not on the car. Bought it in non running condition. Might be able to go through me ebay feedback, and get you an ebay name, if that helps? A lot has gone on out here since the purchase of the Desoto. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

That is taxing the brain. That car was bought off of ebay in the spring/summer of 2009. The owner lived in a manufactured home/housing neighborhood. The car sat under a car port. He had owned the car for a long time, had work done on it, and never got it back on the road. Seats needed to be redone, and some of the trim was not on the car. Bought it in non running condition. Might be able to go through me ebay feedback, and get you an ebay name, if that helps? A lot has gone on out here since the purchase of the Desoto. 

No worries. Not worth digging that far. Thanks for saving it!

No, it was sold in late 2009,  can not remember the sale date. I have a lot of pictures of all the cars that I have owned. Most of the pictures have the dates on them. So that is how I know when I bought/sold them. I have always liked 55 Desotos, a person can find good buys on 55-56 Desotos. Great entry car for a person wanting to get into old cars for not a lot of money. Very over looked IMO.

My first car was a 57 DeSoto. 2 door with a small Hemi Bought it at Mr Norm’s grand Spaulding Dodge in 1963. The only old rusted car on the lot. Paid $200 for it that included title tax plates and a new set of tires. Me Norm’s was the muscle car place in Chicago area. 

Great thread Victoria Lynn, thanks for starting it.

Mid-Michigan, unfortunately most of the leaves are gone now and the sun was low but I had just enough light and took a couple of shots after a little drive.

20171108_162303.thumb.jpg.510949e878d6efef22ad3fae355016e7.jpg20171108_162715.thumb.jpg.cd5a01541ccd4f124b4a97f857ee6dfb.jpg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Stude Light said:

Great thread Victoria Lynn, thanks for starting it.

Mid-Michigan, unfortunately most of the leaves are gone now and the sun was low but I had just enough light and took a couple of shots after a little drive.

20171108_162303.thumb.jpg.510949e878d6efef22ad3fae355016e7.jpg20171108_162715.thumb.jpg.cd5a01541ccd4f124b4a97f857ee6dfb.jpg

Nice pics! My father was raised in Michigan and I spent time there when I was young with aunts and uncles. Beautiful state. 

I feel like there should be awards:

Best auto/foliage color

Most creative “foliage”

Best scenery 

The problem is that I love all these photos, even the ones without cars. I’d have to make categories until they all won. 

One thing I have learned from this thread, is that nowhere do our beautiful autos look better than in natural scenery. 

• Like 3

I dumped the memory card on my trail cam for the first time in a few weeks and found I had a current Fall photo of my 50 F1. This is me coming home from our Fall tour back on the 4th. Found we had 6 visits from bears on the trail cam too. Hadn't seen any since the spring.

F1-17-11-04-sm.jpg

• Like 4

One of my Mercedes from a couple years ago, somewhere in New York in October. And one from last week, not my car, but a beautiful 1912 Lozier that was at the Simeone Museum in Philadelphia ... fall colors seemed a bit late to pop this year. I haven't really been looking at the trees lately, but this thread has reminded me I should take a drive and enjoy what fall colors are left before bare-branches season hits.

DSCN8918 (2).jpg

DSCN5028.JPG

• Like 2

19 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Wow, really beautiful. Where is that @Jim Bollman?

Greene County TN near Greeneville.  One of our members setup a 31+ mile tour of the back roads. Took a bit over 90 minutes  between the curves, hills and road conditions. Was a perfect day for November, hight 70s and sunny.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

If that empty trailer is going to haul back a 34/35 Hudson Convertible. You can drop it off here in Idaho. The tire laying on the ground, does add to the pretty sunset.

Do you like the garbage in front of the truck and the garbage can behind it? Yeah, there’s a lot of litter around but I was going to miss the shot so ran with it. 

Dad sold his Hudson’s before I got involved. I will drag out some photos for ya one day. I still have a hard time going through his photos. This has all been lot to digest. 

I think I’m going to rescue the 63 Corvair Spyder this trip. I’d ❤️ To get that going but not exactly sure what’s going on with it. Hopefully it’s not too big a project for me to keep. 

PS, That tire is old enough to qualify this post for an AACA post. That’s my story anyway, since there are no old cars in this particular post. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)