Show me your Foliage!

victorialynn2

I took this photo late this afternoon in same spot as yesterday with a different car, leaves are a little further along then yesterday. I think we are going to loose them all here in the Northeast, heavy rain on Sunday with 30-40 mph winds. I will try to get another car for the next photo

IMG_3300 (1).JPG

• Like 4

On 10/27/2017 at 12:34 AM, John_S_in_Penna said:

We may take autumn color for granted, but I read

that very few parts of the world see the spectacular

colors that we see in the northeastern United States.

Do northern Europe and southern Australia get the

same type of bright autumn color?  What other areas?

Here in Tasmania we have nothing approaching the display you are treated to in the NE of USA and Canada.

The photo is of our one deciduous tree, the Tasmanian Fagus, a rather stunted scrub tree which grows at altitude. We need to hike into the wilderness to enjoy the colours, which are much like yours in New England.

Dawn and I finally got to see your Autumn colours in Labrador and NE Quebec this year. Endless miles of richly coloured wilderness, with the Blueberries glowing red as ground cover. A very special sight, for us. Unfortunately, when we got back into New England the colours had barely started, so we missed the display there.

59f3bf6277b6b_Lake-Hansonfagus.jpg.cb093cb1b41a7aa9fd1c79c462cf0723.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, oldcarfudd said:

VictoriaLynn, that's a beautiful car in beautiful settings.  Where in Oregon?  I have a stepson and his family in Ashland, but since I'm in NJ I don't get out there very often.

I live In Yamhill County. Near McMinnville which is the heart of the wine country. About an hour west of Portland. Half way from Portland to the beach at Lincoln City. Beautiful area. 

22 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

I live In Yamhill County. Near McMinnville which is the heart of the wine country. About an hour west of Portland. Half way from Portland to the beach at Lincoln City. Beautiful area. 

Victorialynn2, I bought my 1956 chevy truck from a couple in Hillsboro just west of Portland back in 2001, I had it shipped to michigan, the truck lived most of its life in that area.  Some day we will get out that way, I here it is nice.  

Steve M

Edited by Rooney3100 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

I bought this 55 Desoto in McMinnville. And the flying Hudson happened just outside of Banks.

55 desoto 002.JPG

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I bought this 55 Desoto in McMinnville. And the flying Hudson happened just outside of Banks.

55 desoto 002.JPG

Lots of nice cars in this area and they don’t salt the roads here. 

Someday I need to post the pics of my dad’s Hudson’s for you he used to have. Looked just like yours Xander. 

No cars in these but these were some of the sights here a couple weeks ago.

Things quickly got drab.

The first photo is looking south of my driveway.

The other two are at the mill pond here in town which is currently being drained for a big reconstruction project which has been in the making for years.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Paul Dobbin said:

HereDSC01450.thumb.JPG.804433cd9203360133663c3a8dd66fe1.JPG Here in the Smoky Mountains, the color is late this year.  We just had 2 nights of frost an today's rain is bringing out the color.  (Last years Leaf Peeper Tour)

FallTourII.thumb.jpg.d07d32b3ec70091fb60069a6a15bf3cf.jpg

2106 Leaf Peepers Tour II

59f4e06612f50_VWinNH.thumb.jpg.857f4568b8f407ee0d173c8e06db5140.jpg

Nothing like our second Glidden Tour @ Bretton Woods NH in 1998 !  Toured a week in this color photo.   Sometimes we get this here, after Nov. first.

Ah, I grew up in the little NH town of Goffstown. I miss NH. Bus loads of people used to pull over across the street in the fall to take pics of our Colonial with big Maple Trees and a stone wall driveway and also the Victorian next door. I could never understand why back then. 

• Like 1

Thank you, Victorialynn for starting this post and for everyone's sharing.  It's great to see beautiful cars in autumn settings.

The two pictures of my beloved 1984 Oldsmobile Toronado were taken in October 1999 in Harrriman State Park.  Harriman State Park

The park is about an hour north of NYC on the west side of the Hudson and a bit south of West Point Academy.  I hiked there for many years when we lived in that part of the country.

The Olds was my daily driver for 28 years and 200,000 miles.  I do miss The Queen Mary's styling inside and out but I don't miss driving a sofa alongside today's distracted drivers.

The other pictures were taken last week on Mount Lemmon (8000') in Tucson, AZ.  We do have deciduous tress in the desert...!

Enjoy...! 

Paul

1984 Toronado 01.jpg

1984 Toronado 02.jpg

Turkey Run Trail 10_26_2017 04.jpg

Turkey Run Trail 10_26_2017 05.jpg

Turkey Run Trail 10_26_2017 11.jpg

Turkey Run Trail 10_26_2017 17.jpg

Edited by pfloro (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Regarding those concrete walls:  I don't know for sure but I suspect they were part of a now defunct water storage facility.  Also

in this area are partially exposed old galvanized water pipes on the ground and small concrete junction boxes.  It's all very curious.

A bit farther down the "road", there are two huge water storage tanks (each is ~212,000 gallons / according to the data plates).

Wells are part of that facility too.  The larger of the two "houses" between the tanks is the pump house / chlorination station...

Attached are last year's pictures of the big water tanks.  They supply most of the water for the Mount Lemmon community.

Aspen Draw Trail 101216 15.jpg

Aspen Draw Trail 101216 16.jpg

Edited by pfloro (see edit history)

Here's another car, a 1928 LaSalle, from the inspired

Cadillac-LaSalle catalogue, "Color Creations from Nature's Studio."

The colors were modeled after those of the mineral

"curite," but I think they are good autumn-leaf colors, too.

The catalogue says the dashboard was even done in bright orange.

1927 LaSalle--Curite car.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a picture of my 1950 F1 before I even saw it in person. I bought it from pictures and a friend's inspection. The seller drove it 65 mils to my friends house and he snapped a few more pictures to send me. I picked it up at his house about a month later. I have changed the tires, added trim rings to the wheels and made lower side boards. I have had it 8 years and have put about 4000 miles on it. Took a 30+ mile foliage tour in it yesterday with out local region, guess I should have stopped for a new photo op.

F1-15.jpg

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Jim Bollman said:

Here is a picture of my 1950 F1 before I even saw it in person. I bought it from pictures and a friend's inspection. The seller drove it 65 mils to my friends house and he snapped a few more pictures to send me. I picked it up at his house about a month later. I have changed the tires, added trim rings to the wheels and made lower side boards. I have had it 8 years and have put about 4000 miles on it. Took a 30+ mile foliage tour in it yesterday with out local region, guess I should have stopped for a new photo op.

F1-15.jpg

Very nice!