Wanted: 1938 Chrysler C19 Imperial Convertible Coupe Parts

RSayak

I am looking for the following parts for a 1938 Chrysler Imperial convertible coupe (C19):

- Complete front seat assembly, including adjusters/slides, or very detailed photographs and dimensions of same from someone's car. The seat appears to be the same on 1937 and 1938 Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler convertible coupes, possibly 1939 Plymouth convertible coupe as well. My car is missing the entire front seat assembly, so any leads or information would be appreciated;

- Rumble seat bottom cushion assembly (or detailed dimensions and photos as mine is missing); (same possible donor cars as above). I had a reproduction made, but if an original pops up, I am interested.

- Rumble seat interior panel patterns; (same possible donor cars as above)

- Coupe or convertible Left Side stainless steel door and rear body trim (I am missing the rear body piece from the door to the tail along the quarter panel, as well as the door). Chrysler C18 Royal or C19 Imperial coupe or convertible coupe trim works;

- Running Board stainless trim, top strips and side molding (any 1938 Chrysler Imperial C19 trim should fit);

- Convertible coupe door sill plate (good sample, pattern, dimensioned sketch and detailed photos, or whatever I can use to get new ones made - mine are missing).

- Horn button/horn ring springs and washers and contact plates for the optional banjo/chrome spoke steering wheel (same wheel as Dodge/Desoto/Chrysler) (I believe that the springs and contacts are the same as the regular steering wheel - I would be interested in a complete standard steering wheel assembly if need be);

- Passenger door window regulator assembly, including window channels, window frame, etc (or a complete door) same on 1937 and 1938 Dodge, DeSoto, Chrysler, and '37-'39 Plymouth convertible coupes with one piece glass (no vent window).

- Windshield wiper arms, blades and blade guide rods that attach to windshield frame bracket, or detailed photos and measurements of same (all 1937-1938 convertibles are the same).

- Interior sun visors and rods/mounts.  Found a set... unfortunately, I still need a mounting bracket for the driver's side, as well as a pattern or dimensions for the visors themselves. 

- Pattern of the windshield header trim panel (where sun visors mount) or detailed photos of what it looks like.

Please send me a private message with any leads or details, or reply directly to this thread.

Thanks!

Rej

On 10/25/2017 at 11:49 AM, RSayak said:

I am looking for the following parts for a 1938 Chrysler Imperial convertible coupe (C19):

- Complete front seat assembly, including adjusters/slides, or very detailed photographs and dimensions of same from someone's car. The seat appears to be the same on 1937 and 1938 Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler convertible coupes, possibly 1939 Plymouth convertible coupe as well. My car is missing the entire front seat assembly, so any leads or information would be appreciated;

- Rumble seat bottom cushion assembly (or detailed dimensions and photos as mine is missing); (same possible donor cars as above). I had a reproduction made, but if an original pops up, I am interested.

- Rumble seat interior panel patterns; (same possible donor cars as above)

- Coupe or convertible Left Side stainless steel door and rear body trim (I am missing the rear body piece from the door to the tail along the quarter panel, as well as the door). Chrysler C18 Royal or C19 Imperial coupe or convertible coupe trim works;

- Running Board stainless trim, top strips and side molding (any 1938 Chrysler Imperial C19 trim should fit);

- Convertible coupe door sill plate (good sample, pattern, dimensioned sketch and detailed photos, or whatever I can use to get new ones made - mine are missing).

- Horn button/horn ring springs and washers and contact plates for the optional banjo/chrome spoke steering wheel (same wheel as Dodge/Desoto/Chrysler) (I believe that the springs and contacts are the same as the regular steering wheel - I would be interested in a complete standard steering wheel assembly if need be);

- Passenger door window regulator assembly, including window channels, window frame, etc (or a complete door) same on 1937 and 1938 Dodge, DeSoto, Chrysler, and '37-'39 Plymouth convertible coupes with one piece glass (no vent window).

- Windshield wiper arms, blades and blade guide rods that attach to windshield frame bracket, or detailed photos and measurements of same (all 1937-1938 convertibles are the same).

- Interior sun visors and rods/mounts.  Found a set... unfortunately, I still need a mounting bracket for the driver's side, as well as a pattern or dimensions for the visors themselves. 

- Pattern of the windshield header trim panel (where sun visors mount) or detailed photos of what it looks like.

Please send me a private message with any leads or details, or reply directly to this thread.

Thanks!

Rej

Have a 36 Dodge coupe rumble set assembly. Will that work?

1936 Dodge Rumble Seat Convertion (7).jpg

1936 Dodge Rumble Seat Convertion (6).jpg

1936 Dodge Rumble Seat Convertion (5).jpg

1936 Dodge Rumble Seat Convertion (4).jpg

1936 Dodge Rumble Seat Convertion (3).jpg

1936 Dodge Rumble Seat Convertion (2).jpg

1936 Dodge Rumble Seat Convertion (1).jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

A couple years ago I had a '38 Imperial sedan that had some of this, along with brand-new running board rubber and all but one of the stainless steel running board strips, plus OD transmission. I sold it as a parts car on this board, and it went to Finland.

My brother has a '38 Royal convertible coupe (1960s restoration) that I could probably take some photos or measurements for you with a little notice. I think he has new sill plates that he bought just a year or two back, so he might part with the old ones. 

12 minutes ago, jrbartlett said:

My brother has a '38 Royal convertible coupe (1960s restoration) that I could probably take some photos or measurements for you with a little notice. I think he has new sill plates that he bought just a year or two back, so he might part with the old ones. 

If you could look into getting some details from your brother's car, that would be super helpful. I have a regular coupe seat I am planning on modifying, but I need pictures and dimensions of the bottom of the seat, the seat cushion, the slider rails, etc. 

Thanks!