1931 Chrysler Roadster Lower Cowl Detail

Gunsmoke

The lower cowl/front door post for my '31 CD8 Roadster had been chopped off and modified by a PO as shown. I would like to restore this area to something  close to what was originally there. I have made proper steel 1.75"x2.9"angle sub sills and plan to secure posts to side and top of sill if I can get some sense of what detail looked like. Rear door post has an L bracket which riveted to steel angle on both top and side of post as shown in photo..

IMG_4880.JPG

IMG_4881.JPG

IMG_4882.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG

The bead/mouldng can be seen in photos from inside of panel if you look closely. The sheet metal panels for the roadster had a 3/4" flat below the bead, then a crease, and a further 3/4-7/8" flat that turned up under the steel sill rail. I have those details generally (although they will not be easy to replicate). What I need is a photo of the lower front door post. I have a pretty good idea how it was made, and if I don't get a pic, will improvise using the rear door post construction as a guide.

The difference between the 2 posts?

The rear door post had to have an angled brace as shown because as a roadster there was need to stiffen the post for "slamming the doors". The front post not only avoided the slamming issue, but was firmly braced at the top by the curved cowl as shown in photo. So my current thinking is that it was simply welded/riveted to top and side of steel sill using a couple of integral plates.