Body assembly

Guest HeyPop

I've found loads of publications relating to rebuilding engines and transmission. Numerous catalogs where you can find parts and paint numbers so you can match the exact factory color for your antique car, but... is anyone aware of a publication the shows the assemby of the actualy body parts for Model T' or A's. (i.e. where the welting goes, where certain wood pieces belong, how far back the body welt goes along the frame, is there a space between the hood shelf and the fenders, etc?) Curious minds want to know... smirk.gif

HeyPop,

I can't help you with Fords, my passion is Packards. What I have done quite successfully, since I don't keep the records that I should when I disassemble a car for restoration, is look at original or restored vehicles of the same make and model to remind me of where things go. I did that yesterday at the Harford Region show and found that I was trying to mount the horn assembly for my '40 110 in the wrong place! Having a parts car for reference has also proven useful.

jnp

Guest Randy Berger

I now own a digital camera - problem solved. Too bad I didn't own one when I tore my 56 apart and returned to project 10 years later. I had to use JNP's method of going to car shows and making notes off other Packards. Now if THEY made a mistake... frown.gif

YFAM, Randy Berger

RB... That's basically what I'm doing now. I originally started everything using my digital and a friends Huckster for dimensions. He's since moved away and it's not as easy anymore. One great thing... Hershey's coming up in a little while so I can tap some brains and get some pics then too. Thanks for the reply.

Pop smile.gif