Sign in to follow this  

1940 Continental at auction

I know that Dave Cole kept track of all  '40 Continental Cabriolets - Don't know if he has this one as a survivor.

From what I can see it is body #58   VERY ROUGH

https://wisconsin.hibid.com/catalog/111235/car-collection-of-jack-slattery-saturday--nov--4---10am/?q=513

Mike Lynch

Edited by 1941
correction (see edit history)

Okay - yes the grille  is '41  and dash is ?? steering wheel and door handles are 1940

but no top fender lites that would be on a 41

AND what is a "cargo KING" ?

Edited by 1941 (see edit history)

This could be a real  1940 LC cabriolet, one of 350 made. The grilles are an easy swap out to '41 LC. One of the pull out controls

could be overdrive( installed with that overhead  valve engine). "Cargo- King" can be detected on the valve covers. Perhaps a truck engine, looks like the rare center stoplight is missing. The real check is  reading the vin # on the frame. This car is not that bad, you should see what the '48 LC   Coupe that I'am working on looked like after I towed it home.

It definitely is a REAL 1940 Continental Cabriolet. The body number plate is still there on the firewall, 06H-56-58.

If you do a search on Cargo-King , it is a 1955 Heavy-duty Ford Truck engine.

My concern would be the lack of a title. States are really cracking down on this, and I'd hate to buy it only to find it went "missing" in 1966.