pont35cpe

"She"?

I can only say that the National Woodie Club uses the feminine spelling, (ie) rather than woody. I think that it dates back to the ancient mariners. Every car show that I go to has a "Peggy Sue", "Angel Baby" or other name painted on one or more cars. 

So if it's not a he or she,  do we use gender neutral speedy dry to clean up the spills.  Which service bay is it allowed in?  Confusing times for sure. 

My trucks have never had official "names" but I refer to them as the Burb & the SS as that is what they are.  As for the "she" comment, I refer to them as females.

My husband refers to them as "thorns in his side" that he'd like the set a match to lol

5 hours ago, Terry Wiegand said:

All inanimate objects are always referred to by the feminine gender 

Terry Wiegand

Many moons ago I asked my Dad this very question about referring to cars as "SHE" . His response was that we always use the FEMININE to describe objects of "GRACE AND BEAUTY".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

Every car show that I go to has a "Peggy Sue", "Angel Baby" or other name painted on one or more cars. 

You have to find different shows to go to then

Edited by John348 (see edit history)

Read all responses , particularly like , 'objects of desire ' and ' needs attention,  unpredictable and high maintenance , but the clincher for me is the curves , take a look at Ruby , has to be feminine ??

IMG_1673.JPG

• Like 2

At one time or another I have called everything with an engine I ever owned some pretty bad unisex names....... :blink:

• Haha 1

I generally find those who name their cars to be of the same ilk that leans these stuffed kid dolls against their cars at shows.

18n3j3v4pye50jpg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

I generally find those who name their cars to be of the same ilk that leans these stuffed kid dolls against their cars at shows.

18n3j3v4pye50jpg.jpg

Having never been to show in the US , and having no young kids., not sure if comment is derogatory or not ?

Edited by Pilgrim65 (see edit history)

Current vehicles are all named and male - Roger, Monte, Moby and The Min.

Past vehicles though include Ruby, Goldie(s) 1,2 & 3 and China

Oddly I've also owned "The Goat Car," which was a 68 Impala and not a GTO.

Although GM marketed it as a "four passenger coupe",my wife and I sometimes call the '25 Buick "Miss Vicky". The big '29 McLaughlin-Buick ,having a more regal appearance,is "the duchess".

Jim

Well, the only old car I ever has owned is an early sit-up and beg British small Ford, the least desirable Body style-four door Prefect. But if I had an early Model A, especially if rarer version, it would surelly bee a She; as at least almost every small 30s European car. Even a big but sporty open Mercedes-Benz or Horch from the Third Reich would I give a feminine nickname. As almost every Italian Car Up to the 70s. Very personal opinion.

Edited by Casper Friederich
New thoughts (see edit history)

An Indian (not politically correct terminology) fellow that I worked with came from a family that always bought Pontiacs.  He referred to my Pontiac as a Tinindian.  The name stuck.  I have never named any other vehicle of mine, when I had several cars of the same make I referred to them by year, when different makes i referred to them by make.  

My cars have had both male and female names, I choose whatever suits their individual looks and style.

I've never named things. 

I call them what they are except I call my cars by their year.

I'm down to three now so it makes things easier....... :P

Well when you're out gently rubbing carnaube body lotion on everywhere with the 85-90wt gear lube scent crossed with slight essences of gasoline in the background with some good tunes on the radio, and then slowly teasing the wax off with a 100% cotton terry cloth towel folded in fourths, it'd be awkward if it didn't have a female name......

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Plyroadking said:

a 100% cotton terry cloth towel folded in fourths

Yep, quaternary  things are female, tertiary  things are male. No kidding. Sandpaper gets folded in thirds.

My cars are gender-less.  I have named a few, but not all.  Those names reflected a characteristic of the car - e.g., Mellow Yellow (it was that color), Thunderwagon (really loud glasspacks), etc.

I hear plenty of old Fords called Henry.   I have never heard one called Henrietta.

Reason 1)

With these curves and colors, I’d sound ridiculous calling her “Butch”. “Peggysue” fits her better. 

Reason 2)

Dad said trucks are boys and cars are girls and, well, we didn’t argue with dad. 

Reason 3)

What do you spend lots of $ on? (Women and cars to name 2)

I could go on but it would be repeating what others have already stated. 

3B8E613A-ECC3-4E19-B25D-58AF642173C9.jpeg