Duesenberg Concept

alsancle

I have sold six of those Jaguars and I miss every one. PM me if you have one, old or new, complete or disassembled. Same goes for a Pontiac Stutz.

Once the SU's flood you go in the house, have a cup of coffee, and read the paper. Then it starts right up and you are good for the day.

Bernie

Image result for nethercutt cadillac v16 town car

My grandfather was the chauffeur for George Doubleday, President of Ingersoll - Rand, and drove a V16 Cadillac Town Car like this one. For some reason Mr. Doubleday never liked the car, and the rear door was pocked marked from his cane that he used to slam the door closed. One winter day I'm sure it took well over two hours to drive from NYC to the country house in Connecticut in a driving snow storm. Upon their safe arrival I guess he noticed that the riding conditions were greatly different cockpit to passenger section and slammed the rear door closed with his cane for the last time. He told my grandfather to get rid if the car the next day and replace it with a proper one, I'm sure it had a heater up front as well an the rear. Bob  

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On the '66 Duesenberg, I think I have visited it 5 times since I first saw it in 1977. I always spent the most time with that single display.

These pictures are probably from 1993, when I stopped on the way to the Indy 500. The car appears to have fallen out of favor a bit, possibly a change in museum management that preferred "old" cars. It was parked in a back room, not on a stationed off carpet, and with the signs just kind of tossed about. It was the first time I could get up really close.

002.thumb.jpg.24f647a048aeb5323e44bfe3c381758b.jpg

003.jpg.fff39daea3a079c107f6d5d0799f5732.jpg

Up until that time ownership was always attributed to a Mr. Schwartz, on Long Island.

These pictures are the first time I had seen it treated in a somewhat off hand manner, at least in my opinion. Check out the signs just leaning against stuff. I should have offered $10,000 for it that day.

Bernie

On 10/27/2017 at 7:58 PM, 1937hd45 said:

Image result for nethercutt cadillac v16 town car

My grandfather was the chauffeur for George Doubleday, President of Ingersoll - Rand, and drove a V16 Cadillac Town Car like this one. For some reason Mr. Doubleday never liked the car, and the rear door was pocked marked from his cane that he used to slam the door closed. One winter day I'm sure it took well over two hours to drive from NYC to the country house in Connecticut in a driving snow storm. Upon their safe arrival I guess he noticed that the riding conditions were greatly different cockpit to passenger section and slammed the rear door closed with his cane for the last time. He told my grandfather to get rid if the car the next day and replace it with a proper one, I'm sure it had a heater up front as well an the rear. Bob  

I repaired one like this cut the head open in V shape cuts so i could tig it back together  it had developed a h2O leak in to a cyl. the owner could not find a replacement head so I tig welded for 50 hr to save the head man was he glad when i finely got it to stop leaking  he had it sold to a king in Saudi Arabia but developed a leak be for it got shipped so fit it must .he told me --kyle   what a cool car