Cowlband olds 1931

Johanhansson

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-10-12 at 10:20 PM, Rich Janouskovec said:

Chevy won't fit it's 1 1/2 inches too short. Mack Blair used to make them out of brass and you'd have to finish forming it your cowl and then take it back off and have it chromed.(724) 463-3372 is his No. Indiana P>A>

Because I live in Sweden they are a little difficult to call him, do you know if hab has any e-mail address?

Reagards johan

• 1 year later...

Hello, I had 10 SS cowl bands made many years ago from a company named BOW TIE Reproductions. They had them made by a company that made cowl bands for Chevrolet. The Olds bands are 1 1/2 inches longer than the 31 Chevy. The Olds bands were a perfect fit and I have one on my 31 Olds Sedan. I sold all my repro bands and even my rechromed original that we used to get the correct length of the bottom ends. The width is the same across the top of the cowl. Contact a Chevy parts distributer and see if they can get bands made 1 1/2 inches longer on each side. That length extension MUST be on the two sides but ABOVE the lower attaching bolt unit.----John S.--- PS I also have a lot of 1931 Olds parts for sale as well as brass wire wheel hub cap skins and the rubber floor plate that goes around the clutch, brake pedals. Send me a request to volvo1968@aol.com for a list of available parts.