1953 Lincoln Frame Number/VIN location: Help Needed!

motoringicons

• 2 weeks later...

Try looking at the top of the frame in the engine compartment on the right (passenger) side of the car. On the early T-Birds it is stamped in the frame on the top just back of the generator so that you can see when you look down from above. On my car it wasn't particularly noticeable and I had to strip off the paint to find it. The serial number is also stamped in two other places that are not easy at all to find. I hope this helps. 

Lew Bachman

1957 Colonial White

I tried to find the frame stamping on my 53 Lincoln and could not see it. It is supposed to be just behind the right upper control arm. On my car half of the frame is covered by the inner fender and the starter solenoid covers the rest. The car is up on jack stands for the winter, so I cannot get to the battery box to see if the number is stamped on the frame in front of it. There is no number stamped on the original engine. You may have to remove the right front fender to see it.

I checked with other Road Race Lincoln owners and they said if the frame was stamped it would be on the passenger side frame rail in the engine compartment. One reply was that some frames were not stamped.