1932 Ford - All Models

JRM

I'm working on a '32 Model B pickup - freshening rather than a restoration, as it is a very nice original truck. Has anyone done research to determine the authentic (AACA-approved) colors for the wire wheels. It is likely the colors were the same as for the later Model As, but I'm uncertain. 

If you have done research and are certain, where are chips and paints available? 

Thank you, much. 

JM

I would guess black would be the acceptable factory color for pick up truck wheels. The colored wheels that you see on a lot of Model A and 1932-34 Ford pickups is not likely to be correct. 

For the definitive answer, you should check the judging standards from the Early Ford V8 Club of America. This will provide the most accurate answer. Their website is www.earlyfordv8.org

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)

My reference material only shows the wheel colors for the cars. You may be able to find Commercial Vehicle colors in the 1932 Ford Book available from the Early ford V-8 Club's website. People interested in restoring 1932 Fords have praised the book.

https://www.earlyfordv8.org/Shop.cfm?id=2

You could also ask the question on the Early Ford V-8 Club's Forum about 1932 Fords.

https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewtopics.cfm?Forum=19

Edited by 19tom40 (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Commercial vehicles had different color schemes from the cars. If you would like your vehicle to be the "correct" color, ask the Adviser for your Club for his opinion. The V-8 Club adviser is very knowledgeable about the cars and commercial vehicles made by Ford in 1932.