K Model Truck - Engine and Transmission Paint Color

Hello all, 

My understanding is that K and KB model trucks with the Green Diamond flat-six engines were in fact, painted green. Were the transmissions also painted green?

Nothing critical here, but since I am getting ready for final assembly on my engine and transmission (3-speed) for my 1941 KI, I thought I would check with the experts out there.

Thanks!

Erik

• 4 months later...

The Green Diamond Engines were painted "Apple Green" by IHC. I have the Paint Committee decisions and links to paint chip color mixes on my restoration website (www.restoringcornelius.com)

Most everything else was painted black, but you'll want to verify for the tranny (mine is red for example and have not gotten to the point where I have checked if the color is correct yet) - should be addressed in one of the Paint Committee decisions as well.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hey John, 

I just caught your post - Wow! Thanks so much for the details and link to your site - I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress as I'm sure it will serve as inspiration for my project as well as others. I hope to share some pics of my K-1 as soon as I get a bit of traction - Hope to start assembling the chassis components in the next couple of months.

All the best to you and thanks once again.

Erik

• 2 weeks later...