cutlasguy

Hershey Car Corrall 2017

Steve_Mack_CT

Thanks for posting that.  I never thought to get a picture of it.  

That photo does make it look better than it was.   Now I know why a guy that approached me to use my cars in advertising said don't worry.  They will look really good on film,  when I told him they were far from perfect. 

I also realized when I looked at that car.  Boy an Auburn 31-33 era really needs to be tutoned along the belt line to make them  stand out. 

Agree, but it definitely fit in the "you could drive it for a long while " category I think.   Problem is most I think would prefer it shiny, and getting there will be expensive...

Sorry for your losses in the Car Corral, walking it Wednesday evening after dinner is a tradition.

Bob 

3 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Agree, but it definitely fit in the "you could drive it for a long while " category I think.   Problem is most I think would prefer it shiny, and getting there will be expensive...

I wouldn't have a problem sprucing it up and using it mostly as is,  but the price needs to reflect one in that condition not one in notable better shape with 5,000 or more in fresh chrome and much better paint. 

From what I have seen it was probably closer to a 45,000 car.  Had I had the means (not having to invest my savings in the new garage) I would have given it some serious thought in that range.  Others must have agreed that even at Hershey 65G  was too much.  Not sure if the price was less on Friday PM than the quoted Wednesday morning 65,000  bottom line.   I like them better with Steel wheels as well.  I know they offered them with the wood as shown,  but they just look a bit odd and old on a sporty 30's Car.  

Thanks for the photos though.  I was able to show it to some Friends.  I'm kind of surprised the wife didn't get one of it. 

I like that model also, Seeker,  but defer to your knowledge of the market, I know you have been looking for a while. ...  At $45k though, wheels would be turning, so I guess the high price kept me from expending too much energy on it.  I might be inclined to change the wheels as well.  :)