1930 DA 5 window coupe

Guest danceswithpumps

Guest danceswithpumps

My '30 DA coupe has a rear roll-down window that will only go down about 1/4 inch. Does anyone have a sollution to this problem? I also am looking for a set of seat springs for the rumble seat.

Thanks for your help.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't help with the window but most upholsterers can assemble the simple seat springs you need. Often the better route than buying old ones and dealing with rust and broken coils. Or consider various layers of sponge rubber going from hard to soft. Upholsterers can advise on this too.

• 1 year later...

I would like to see a picture of you 30 DA , I have a 1929 5 Window coupe . I also need running Boards for the 5 window and a desent Radiator shell and Distributor Can you Help Me find these.. Tha [color:"red"] nks in advance Gene

• 4 months later...

Gene,

If you can find good used parts it's probably cheaper, but if you have no luck try these guys:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~ausrov/DODGE%201929.htm

they have repro running boards (someone told me some body styles vary in the shape of the boards, so check dimensions before you buy)and rust patches for radiator shells, and these guys:

http://www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com/Dodge.htm

have repro distributors. They're both in Australia but should be able to ship to you no problems. The second outfit also usually has a stall at Hershey I think, and someone in the club does combined orders from them, so that might be worth checking out - could save you on postage. I haven't ordered from these co's yet so can't comment on their service etc.

Cheers!

Martyn