What a great dash!

Brass is Best

1 hour ago, D Yaros said:

Seems to me the positions of the clock and speedometer should be reversed; at least for visibility purposes?

Maybe, its hard to tell without being in the car. But where the speedometer is lends to glancing down at it while looking down the road. Checking the clock requires a glance to the left. In any case they are both plenty big.

On 2/2/2019 at 2:39 PM, Terry Harper said:

Now for something less than pretty. Note the shift pattern. The big hole in the dash is "radiant" heating.

2053818031_cAB2.thumb.jpg.ab5d38e6eca82cba687fe1b4f7d3992a.jpg

Shift pattern flipped, interesting.  Did this vehicle manufacturer have their own transmission?  Generally assumed on my part that utility vehicles used parts already in production for cost avoidance.  Thanks for posting 

22 hours ago, kgreen said:

"Shift pattern flipped, interesting.  Did this vehicle manufacturer have their own transmission?  Generally assumed on my part that utility vehicles used parts already in production for cost avoidance.  Thanks for posting "

The transmission was made by Cotta. They flipped the pattern figuring that 2nd and 3rd were the most frequent gears used and therefore should be closets to the driver.

Here is a view of the transmission.

Transmission.thumb.jpg.32d4954b4fe94a3b60d318cfccc847d8.jpg

and at the other end the differential and brake (the only brake....)

821343030_Diferrentialandbrake.thumb.jpg.f1aba188da283c5617c7b05028be3caf.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...