wet compression test

Got my new compression tester and time to check it out. I've been reading about dry and wet. I understand what each is for. But as I sit here and think about it, if you squirt some oil down the plug hole, isn't that just going to leave the oil on top the valves? Seems you'd have to squirt it in on a 90 degree to hit the piston. Anyone else done the wet test on these motors and how'd you go about it? Thanks!

I don't know. It might. Anything will work though.

All you are doing is helping the rings seal better, to try and figure out how worn out they are. If the improvement is drastic, they might be pretty bad. If you put in way too much it could fool you by raising the compression ratio. One or two squirts per cylinder from a squirt can is about right. The half used bottle of oil left over from your last oil change will be fine.

Thanks Bloo. Worn rings won't surprise me. I'm actually doing a bunch of troubleshooting (ie. spark, fuel, compression, etc) for a no start engine but before I post all my findings I'm going to do what I can. My results will come soon I hope, unless it fires up for me! Cheers!

• Like 1