A Farewell to my 1961 Desoto

hullinger

Hey Mike, thanks.  You know, brotha, you can hate the game but don't hate the player!  Ha.  Thanks for watching and, you're very kind!  I used to have a 1958 Dodge Coronet that I restored over 15 years.  I loved that car but also realized that there were so many other cars and trucks that I wanted. All my car money was wrapped up in the Dodge. So when I sold it I made a commitment to myself to start going through my car bucket-list and only keep cars for a year. This led me to some pretty awesome cars, trucks and vans, but only the past year did I start recording my car experiences.  As for the next car, I've got my eyes on a few different ones but nothing solid yet.  I did buy some Crown Vic cop cars today that I'll probably make a video of next week.  However, those cars don't really fit in here.  I do however have a video planned with my Corvair Greenbrier that should be fun.  Kinda like the old "if the van's a rockin" thing.  Stay tuned and thanks again.  -Chris  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Dobbin said:

Chris,  To bad you din;t make the AACA Tours.   Seeing America on two lane roads with other cars of similar vintage is a real treat (Also a good film opportunity)  thanks for sharing your experiences)  

Paul

Paul, this is the first I'm hearing about an AACA Tour.  Sounds pretty fun and I think you're right about an opportunity for more filming.  Got a link or more info on the tour?  I've got a Corvair Greenbrier that would be a great on a road trip!

15 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

If there is a year/make/model you are looking for. Let me know and I will keep an eye out for you here.

Man, you're great and I appreciate the offer.  I've got a bunch of cars I'm interested and they're so varied it's crazy.  Once I get my search refined a little better I would certainly appreciate some help.

Chris

24 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

Are you becoming a dad and the Desoto now has to make room for mom's new minivan?

Craig

Hey Craig, naw, selling the Desoto wasn't for something noble like a family minivan.  Although I certainly need one with four kiddos.  You see, I've got this bucket-list of cars I've always wanted and I made a commitment to myself to only keep a play car for one year, fix it up a bit, enjoy it, and move on to the next car on the list.   So my time with the Desoto has ended and now someone else gets to enjoy her now.    So now, I'm starting a search for another car and I'm casting a wide net as I like so many different things.    -Chris

Chris,  AACA hosts tours for all different age groups of vehicles.  Watch the what's happening section in the magazine or the Meets & Tours topic just below General Discussion.  Actually the older the car the more tours that fit.  It's  a great way to see the USA, not necessarily in your Chevrolet.

Edited by Paul Dobbin (see edit history)