Which model of 1941 Buick does this Ashtray Pull fit?

Kenneth Carr

I have a 1941 Buick Roadmaster. A while back I bought the wrong rear ashtray pull from an online vendor.

Can anyone identify which '41 Buick model(s) this belongs to? I suspect it is for the Series 40 and 50.

Photos are attached.

Thanks!

Ashtray Pull Top.JPG

Ashtray Pull side.JPG

I can tell you that it's not from the Series 50.  The rear ashtray pull on my Super has a different shape with two "dogleg" cuts at either end so it fits into an indentation in the face of the ashtray.  I assume that is the same as on your Roadmaster since the Super and the Roadmaster shared the same body.  I suspect the one you have is for the Century/Special body.

14 hours ago, neil morse said:

I can tell you that it's not from the Series 50.  The rear ashtray pull on my Super has a different shape with two "dogleg" cuts at either end so it fits into an indentation in the face of the ashtray.  I assume that is the same as on your Roadmaster since the Super and the Roadmaster shared the same body.  I suspect the one you have is for the Century/Special body.

Neil,

Thanks for checking your Super.Exactly right on the Roadmaster which I have. There are cutouts on each end. This one is straight and I did not find that out until I received it in the mail and tried to fit it. It must be the Century and Special.