8 hours ago, Morgan Wright said:
8 hours ago, Morgan Wright said:

DSCN4066.JPG

DSCN4060.JPG

DSCN4062.JPG

DSCN4063.JPG

DSCN4064.JPG

DSCN4065.JPG

would it be too much to ask if you could possibly take some basic measurements of this subframe to give me a starting point to work from? It looks really nice!

NZ Buick,

Building a new wood frame is a major undertaking.    If Morgan is prepared to part with that frame he has, it could save you years of work.  The E49 body is a bit longer than the five seater,  but it could be adapted.  Otherwise,  the best way is to tacweld the body together to get the correct shape and then make lots of ply pattens of all the parts. 

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0093.jpg

• Like 1

Thankyou very much for all of these photos! It gives me an idea of what I’m in for. I’m not trying to set any speed records with this restoration so am not really concerned that it will take me a great deal of time to piece something together it’s all part of the adventure in my opinion. Plus I don’t think it is a viable option to attempt to ship such a bulky item out to NZ and expect it to survive the journey.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi morgan  ,  i have a 1918 e-44 roadster with a rusted out engine hood and two left side panels beyond repair was wondering weither your spare part car hood may be available to purchase,I too live in new zealand and shipping is no barrier.have had my car running and driving,thanks

On 9/7/2021 at 9:23 PM, donald w said:

hi morgan  ,  i have a 1918 e-44 roadster with a rusted out engine hood and two left side panels beyond repair was wondering weither your spare part car hood may be available to purchase,I too live in new zealand and shipping is no barrier.have had my car running and driving,thanks

Which panels are you after? I may have some that are salvageable.

hi morgan thanks for the pictures of the hood it looks 100% better than mine.would be glad to pay $50.00 us for it. can we get in touch by email,and a rough idea on cost to ship south canterbury zip 7925 new zealand thanks again donald w

18 hours ago, donald w said:

hi Morgan thanks for the pictures of the hood it looks 100% better than mine.would be glad to pay $50.00 us for it. can we get in touch by email,and a rough idea on cost to ship South Canterbury zip 7925 New Zealand thanks again donald w

Shipping odd shaped bits from USA can be horrendously expensive

Have not used them, but these guys have been used by others in NZ

https://www.kiwishipping.co.nz/

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

On 9/11/2021 at 8:55 PM, donald w said:

hi morgan thanks for the pictures of the hood it looks 100% better than mine.would be glad to pay $50.00 us for it. can we get in touch by email,and a rough idea on cost to ship south canterbury zip 7925 new zealand thanks again donald w

Just to make sure my hood fits yours, I looked it up, and all E-H-K hoods for 6 cylinder are the same part number.

hood 001.jpg