1919 Buick Roadster

NZ Buick

Hi There,  I apologise if i'm posting this in the wrong place as i'm new to this forum but here goes, I have recently come across the remnants of a 1919 Buick roadster that i'm hoping to restore to its former glory. It has been sitting under a lean-to shelter for over 20 years and has suffered from the conditions a bit due to this but being the sort of person that is not deterred by this sort of thing i'm extremely excited about getting it! The thing that worries me is it has basically been completely disassembled and although I love a good jigsaw puzzle it would be a huge help to me if anybody out there has any information about these cars as I have practically none. Has anybody restored one and taken photos along the way they wouldn't mind sharing? Does anyone own a complete one? my father has a very original 1916 DX45 tourer that i'm intending to use as a reference point but i'm sure in the 3 years between his and mine there must have been a fair few design changes. If anyone out there has any info it would be greatly appreciated as I don't know of any other Buicks of this model here in New Zealand.  

There are many detail change between 1916 and 1919 but over all they are quite similar. I have a McLaughlin E 6-45 touring (1918} that is also unrestored. It would be very close to your 1919 as all the export models came from Canada.  

Quite a good number of the "cage valve 6's " survive, they were a popular car in their day.  The biggest problem these days is the typical body wood rot that is typical of any teens-early 20's car, and to a lesser extent ring and pinion problems.  There is an excellent internet owners group for all the 1916-23 Buick 6's [ search Dean Tryon, Buick} as well as the above mentioned AACA  pre war Buick forum. Both are first class groups of Buick owners. And a excellent source for information.

Greg in Canada