replacing antenna cable different part #

Dusty

Just wanted to let you guys and gals know that I recently had to replace my antenna cable as it broke. I did several searches on this site and came up with several replacement part numbers, some were for complete antennas, some for comparable parts on different cars, etc. I jotted down the applicable part numbers and went to my local Buick dealer. He and I looked up part numbers on his computer and I came up with what I thought was the correct part number, but it was totally different than any posted here. I went out on a limb and ordered this part # 22049544 for $26. cdn. $. It turned out it was the correct part # so I just thought I'd post it to see if it could help any other people in the future. This part was the very top of the steel antenna which was attached to a 3' plastic cable. Hope this helps! smile.gif

I have my antenna off and would like to know how to take off the top ball to replace the cable. I could not twist it off, even with plyers. What is the deal? Thanks

Stainless Steel threaded together has the property of like being bonded together, almost as if glued. You'll simply have to use more force ie; vice grips on the flat profile on the Mast and the ball, and it's right hand thread (looking down on the top of the ball, turn the ball counterclockwise)

As in-if the Hammer don't work, get a bigger Hammer! wink.gif

To remove the antenna tip... I clamp the small shaft (just below the knob) between two pieces of wood in a vice, you will notice there are flats on the underside of the tip and a small open end wrench with fit them. The threads are standard right hand...so looking at the know, turn the wrench, counter-clockwise to remove.