Buick 1927-24

Leif Holmberg

Thanks Hugh and Larry .

I don`t think you ever can imagen what kind of car parts I have used on this "Buick".

3 Huppmobile fenders,1 Oakland rear fender,Willys Knight hood sides, Chevrolet 1957 carb,(6 volt electric fuel fump)new made rear end from rear of the seat,top from an onknown 1920s touring car,cutted off to fit this Roadster,new made seats cutted off from Buick1956 spare parts I had in my barn, 1924 Buick 4 cyl.cowl withe the wall against the engine reverced, The body is lowered 2 1/2" inch and body is narrowed a lot too, you can see that on the rear fenders.I have change the distributor to a Volvo 164 models,the flat fan belt is now a V-type.The sufflett are used from a mid 1920s Studebaker 5 seat touring.

It´s missing the stripes just becuse the I haven`t decided what color I want to stripe with.

Leif in Sweden.

Edited by Leif Holmberg (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Maybe you will be dissapointed now when I have told what I have used on this "Buick",but  i have "restored" a lot of cars so I hade to anything different and fun this time from my old parts lying in the shed.

The chassie and engine are Buick anyway.

Leif in Sweden.

Edited by Leif Holmberg (see edit history)

Leif,

I am glad that you mentioned all of the different parts you made this car from.  You missed your calling as an automotive designer, because everything that you did flows seamlessly.   It is one thing to put things back the way the factory did, and another to put a car together from other parts and make it look like it was all meant to be.  Really beautiful work.   Hugh 

• Like 4

Leif,

Great job! I didn't know Buick made that model. ;)

It took more than a little imagination to bring all those parts from different cars together to create something that looks like it could have been factory. Johnny Cash has nothing on you!

Best,

Dave

• Like 1