Most Usable Franklin?

OnSafari

Forget the series 12 , you will get run over in traffic. I would say series 14 and up. ( This is just my opinion, and I don't intend to offend anyone ) If you are looking for a car I have several for sale , all side draft cars including 2 -14s, 2-15s and 2 series 16s.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Franklin Man said:

They called the series 12 a mile a minute car. If you know what you're doing, the car can handle it. To all the haters, It's true!!

Michael, I don't hate series 12 cars . They are nice rides. The question was what is the BEST  car for touring in TRAFFIC.. Traffic to me is 55 mph speed limit.  Id be careful running your series 12 at "A mile a minute" longer that a few 1000 feet or you might be looking for a new crankcase. Don't believe  all the ads you have read about the speeds ... its a crock ... (Just my opinion)   Mike

We had a 147 Speedster with 4 speed Detroit transmission, factory high speed rear axle, and what was thought to be experimental heads matched with original exhaust that featured a larger and shorter tailpipe - it did 60 just fine for hours at a time and 65 just did not sound right, though you could run it up to 75 for short times just fine.

I would suggest a Series 16 (1932) or its equivalent 1933 model (all be it I like the 32 headlights better).

As to a Series 12 - many friends have them and equivalent - I personally like them, but am wondering if they are 45 mph cars (keep in mind though in 70's and 80's when we were attending Franklin meets a good two dozen were driving into Cazzenovia from all over the East Coast).

On 22/09/2017 at 2:02 AM, mikewest said:

Forget the series 12 , you will get run over in traffic. I would say series 14 and up. ( This is just my opinion, and I don't intend to offend anyone ) If you are looking for a car I have several for sale , all side draft cars including 2 -14s, 2-15s and 2 series 16s.

Message sent.