Bijur Filters

John_Mereness

I have several Bijur fittings on the RR PI that appear to have nothing wrong with them outside of what I think may be clogged felt filters in the fittings.  It looks like the prior owner put the wrong weight fluid in the jar and that matched with time has clogged the felt.  I did a hand oil via removing the fittings, but now time to fix properly.   The hand pump is working perfectly and successful users of system encourage using 20 Weight (which works great, but only when I remove the filters - ie why I believe filters are clogged).   I have been been tempted to drop the fittings down into carburetor cleaner or lacquer thinner, but I assume the better approach is to just replace the felt filters with new clean material.  So, is there a part number for the filters if available ?  Or, has someone found some sort of suited felt stock ?

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, they were just little round felt discs. Look up "felt" on the McMaster Carr web site. They have all sorts of industrial felt in different thicknesses. I guess you'd want to pry an original out to look at and you would need a punch of some sort (a gasket hole cutting tool would work) but you could probably make 20 of them in 5 or 10 minutes.

jp

• 6 months later...