When did Buick introduce these options for the indolent?

KongaMan

If they had the money to buy a new Buick, they were likely not indolent or slothful...  Or at least somebody in the family had worked hard to pay the bills.

And Buicks are just darn heavy!  Other options can be argued, but PS sure is nice on cars tipping past the 4000 mark.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CBloomberg said:

I was recently told that parallel parking is no longer part of the driving test.  

2040:

"Daddy, what are those cars doing parked on the side of the street?"
"Pay no attention to them, son, they're from a distant time..."

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fr. Buick said:

And Buicks are just darn heavy!  Other options can be argued, but PS sure is nice on cars tipping past the 4000 mark.

My 1937 Roadmaster 80C  Phaeton (4-door convertible dual sidemount spare tires IS HEAVY likely over 4500 pounds ---  BUT...

It DOES NOT NEED power steering - in fact it steers like a baby carriage. I can steer it with one finger from a dead stop out of a parking space - NO POWER STEERING NEEDED, THANK YOU  !!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

My 1937 Roadmaster 80C  Phaeton (4-door convertible dual sidemount spare tires IS HEAVY likely over 4500 pounds ---  BUT...

It DOES NOT NEED power steering - in fact it steers like a baby carriage. I can steer it with one finger from a dead stop out of a parking space - NO POWER STEERING NEEDED, THANK YOU  !!

Geeze, I need to get on your exercise regimen Marty.  My 2103 Regal is 1/4  the size of your 37, still weighs 4K ( according too the registration documents) and without power steering I can hardly budge the wheel!  

Steering is stiff on some of the "new" power steering systems. The lightest power steering I have is the '66 Wildcat. I haven't driven the 1941 for a while, but the big steering wheel creates more of a moment on the steering column so less force is required than if the wheel were smaller. 

I wish my '50 was like Marty's '37. 

Dad installed a junk yard power steering pump on an '84 he had back in the early 90s. Sitting still , flip the wheel with a finger and it would go to lock. Absolutely no feel in that one.

Ben

Edited by Ben Bruce aka First Born (see edit history)

"My 1937 Roadmaster 80C  Phaeton (4-door convertible dual sidemount spare tires IS HEAVY likely over 4500 pounds ---  BUT...

It DOES NOT NEED power steering - in fact it steers like a baby carriage. I can steer it with one finger from a dead stop out of a parking space - NO POWER STEERING NEEDED, THANK YOU  !!"

Lou%20Pose.jpg?itok=Ex717MMC

• Like 2
  • Haha 4