Wisebri24

WTB Borg Warner Overdrive Housing

R10B-1R

or

R10B-1G

I need a housing but a complete unit will work

A shop in Washington State cracked my housing at the shift pin. We welded it but it's dripping. Need another. Please help 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Wisebri24
Added pic (see edit history)

Lloyd Young installs the Borg-Warner R10 OD units in enclosed drivelines. He might sell you what you need, you could call him and ask.    Ph# 614 837 7832    He`s located in Ohio.  Tom

I have one that has a bolt on adapter done   by White Post years ago for addition to a classic era car.

It has the casting number RIob-11 but none of the others as yours has. Any interest and I can bring it to the Hershey lea Market.

Can also send more pictures.

John Kelso

McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania

717-485-4344

DSC04241.JPG

DSC04242.JPG

DSC04243.JPG

Thank for the reply. Unfortunately it has to be one of the two part numbers listed.

thx. Joe

I don't know what the original application for this overdrive was, someone more familiar with post war  cars probably does.

As I mentioned the front, from the aluminum was added so it could be installed in a Classic era car, early 30's. This has been around

my shop since the 80's and since I was pretty heavy into Auburn's and a few Cadillac's then it may suit that application don't remember.

I'd like to think it was worth $500.

I probably could have made that a little clearer, I was wondering what the original poster's overdrive was out of, I've got a stack of them and don't really want to dig into it if his out of something I know I don't have.

Thanks for the inquiry. I don't know what the original application was. In my travels I've been told its a 41 Studebaker OD., or a Nash Rambler. Someone else said its from a T86 tranny. I engineered it into the middle of my 1935 Chevy torque tube. So all I have is the markings on the case. 

I appreciate any effort in helping me locate one.

thx Joe

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Uv1sHsmklM1G0G8A3

Edited by 35Joe
Pic (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On September 19, 2017 at 12:20 AM, STUDE48 said:

I have some housing i will check sunday if i have the one you seek

Any luck in finding one?