Sign in to follow this  
edinmass

Interesting Early Modifacation - Pierce Arrow

Hi George, yes, it had a leather top when new. It was removed in the past for whatever reason. The car has been a lot of work, three Pierce guys on it non stop for about two weeks, 12 hours per day. As usual, we had a bunch of things bite us that were not obvious when we picked up the car. Has a catastrophic tire install failure, hurt one of the boys who knew better, and blew a hole in the new garage door we just installed. Tire came up several feet off the ground, and in a defensive reaction a buddy's hand took the brunt of the energy. He is  ok, but it was quite a blow. Things always bite you when you least expect it. It's interesting how things work out, this is probably our tenth barn find in the last fifteen years, and it's definitely the best driving and tightest car of them all. We're taking it for a long early autumn drive today, to make up for the crazy hours we have been putting in it.  

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

4 hours ago, edinmass said:

We're taking it for a long early autumn drive today, to make up for the crazy hours we have been putting in it.  

Sorry about the injury--I've had a few close calls when rushing but I never seem to learn.  A long autumn drive is a great reward for your efforts--I did one yesterday in the 1918, but the downside is that the drive usually adds a few items to our punch lists....

Today I'm trailering the '30 roadster over the hill (Sierras) to Minden NV (site of 2013 PAS Meet) for an all-day-Sunday memorial service/party for the wife of one of our members.  Minden will be a tad cold (28-30*F) in the mornings for driving it both ways.

Sorry about your friend........

Here are a few more interesting photos. Last oil change was May of 1954! About one thousand miles driven from May of 54 to September 2017. One thousand miles in 63 years...........We should have a hundred miles on it by the time we get it to Hershey. The more it runs, the better it gets.

IMG_5819.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

IMG_5832.JPG

IMG_5834.JPG

IMG_5838.JPG

IMG_5839.JPG

IMG_5840.JPG

• Like 2

Finally some good pictures.  Only ruined by Cislak standing next to the car!   If you are desperate I'll give you enough to get your money back out.  :D

• Like 1

Very impressive, particularly when one has seen the car in it's raw, as found, state (picture).   That'll be a nice car for someone, coupes are very desirable.....well done....

• Like 1

Got the parking lights and headlights working tonight, so we drove the car in the dark, which I am sure is the first time it's seen the road with the correct headlights and reflectors in more than 80 years.....it's great that you can work this hard and still have fun.......

IMG_5844.JPG

IMG_5845.JPG

Car is finished and loaded for the trip to Hershey tomorrow. It will be in our space or the car corral. ?

As to the question of price......$27,500 or near number.

Thanks to all who asked or inquired about the car. Feel free to stop by and kick the tires. Ed

Sold in less than one hour on the Red field! Keep an eye out for it on one of the tv car shows!

IMG_5886.JPG

This 29 Seven Passenger sedan, all original, sorted, and a proven tour car is the last of the three cars we brought to Hershey that's still available. Probably the best intact 29 Pierce on the planet. Driven hundreds of trouble free miles on tours in Texas, New York,  Missouri, and countless other weekend tours, it's never failed to proceed, hot or cold, starts and runs like a new car. It will be in the car corral or at our spot. 

IMG_5886.JPG

Several members took time to stop by and say hello. Thank you for introducing yourselves! It was rather busy and I didn't have as much time to chat as I would have liked. Interestingly, many said the don't post too often. I would encourage everyone here to chime in, but if you like to remain in the background that's fine also. My best to all, and enjoy the Fall Meet!

you sold that for a bargain price Ed.

Last one I saw sold in similar condition went for 55k.

Somebody ought to be quite happy!

• Like 1

Was glad to visit with Ed, a nice '29 roadster sold as well in the Pierce tent....

• Like 1