Test Drive Gone Wrong

Pomeroy41144

These two guys forgot that 8,500 feet of runway is only 1.5 miles. 

They had plenty of time to get a Hi Performance Dodge to 100mph+, but they ran out of runway.  

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/09/11/two-men-killed-test-driving-dodge-challenger-hellcat-on-airport-runway.html

From the 1950's through the late 1970's we had a car salesman in the area name Ray Caldwell. Some western New York people might remember is collector car lot in Ridgeway on RT 104.

When Ray was reaching his kids to drive he always told them to be careful if they were near a Chrysler product while driving. Those people has already shown poor judgement in the past. That article reminded me of Ray.

Bernie

On 9/12/2017 at 12:50 AM, mike6024 said:

Make sure to read the "comments" that follow the story; they're the best part.

I would love to know the ages of the commentators. The perils of Old age look different when you are young and far away from them.  As they approach the "Die to avoid them" doesn't seem so good. So far at least.

ABS brakes dont leave skid marks........

I read somewhere that something like 20% of the Hell Cats have already been wrecked by inexperienced drivers who werent ready for the acceleration and speed. Too many guys just dont realize how fast things happen in a car with 700 horsepower. Most dont have the reflexes to manage it at full boogie.