Sign in to follow this  
mikewest

Wanted- Brass dash mounted oil site gauge

Wanted a dash mounted oil drip  sight  gauge that shows the oil pump is working. It has 2 line connections on the back and a glass on the cockpit side and it shows the oil dripping when the motor is running. Thank you, Mike  585 7381541

Mike, I don't know how big a glass you need. I have an adjustable one with a flip lever on/off on top. My old model ten Buicks both had a really neat visual glass about the size of a small lemon, as I recall. If you want to look at it I'll bring it over on my next trip. Bob

Sounds like the type used on various early Buick models, my 1910 Model 16 has one.

I have an extra one, metal only, missing the glass, I'd sell.  I'll see about getting a picture for you. I believe certain glass fuel bowls would replace the glass part, but have not gone looking for one.

Thank you to all for such a quick response ! I bought the last one that is pictured above . Looks like  just what I want and all I need to do is polish it up after detailing!