31Buick80

1930 Buick Fuel Pump

Found some more pieces and have a complete AC fuel pump for a 1930 Model 40 (I believe) 6 cylinder.  It is shown in the first three photos.  Not sure if the other models in 1930 used this same pump or if a different design was used.  This pump is activated by a push rod in the engine out to the pump.

I have also shown another pump in the next three photos that is a straight through flow, and it has the same attachment base with one ear broken.  It could be rebuilt using the other base for engines where the lever arm rides on the cam, or where the push mechanism can be changed with the lever if the mounting holes line up on your engine.      

Each one will need to be rebuilt as their history is unknown to me.

607-349-5889

20170910_172251.jpg

20170910_172307 (1).jpg

20170910_172326.jpg

20170910_172358.jpg

20170910_172405.jpg

20170910_172411.jpg

1 hour ago, Albert sr said:

You still have those fuel pumps, I am interested

Yes, I do still have these.  Just have to find them.  I'll have to look here in Florida and if I didn't bring one fuel pump with me they are all in New York.  It will be mid-April when I return to my garage there and can lay my hands on them.

John

I still the one good pump for the 1930/31 motor.  Do not have a push rod.  I may have all the other pieces somewhere.  I have relocated some of my garage and the rest will be moved next spring and I can find the other parts.  I had the good pump in my hands yesterday and can send you a picture.

Sending 3 pictures of the fuel pump I have with me.  Note the unique actuation lever used with the pushrod for the particular model year.  I would like $150 for this pump.

fuel pump 1.jpg

fuel pump 2.jpg

fuel pump 3.jpg

Thank you for the photos. The material is good?. Can you tell me the distance between the centers of the base holes?. There are so many models I want to be sure it fixes in my Buick. Is there any number in the pump?, in the meantime, I will see how much I have to pay to import it to my Country. Thank you!

The distance between the center of the holes is 2-5/8 inches.  A number cast into the edge over the lip of the glass bowl is 855162.  The number on the bottom piece is 855228.  It is a Model B pump which is stamped on the side of the lower piece.

Please understand I am leaving in the morning for Florida for several months.  If you think you would like the pump I can take it with me and send to you from there.  Let me know within 12 hours, otherwise it will sit in New York until I return in late May of 2020.

Thanks.

My 1930 Buick serie 40 had the #855401 AC model. I don´t know if your fuel pump fixes in my car. I don't want to disturbe you more. If I can figure it out for next May, I will contact you again. Thank you very much again.

Sergio