1910 cadillac

My father has been a memeber of the aaca probably for as long as it existed. He passed away in Jan.2002 leaving his 1910 cadillac to me . I have recently had an offer from someone to buy it from me .It needs finished being restored . Every thing is suppossed to be there. I have no Idea how to sell it for what it is worth or even how to find out how it is worth . CAn someone please help me.

First of all, you need to supply everyone with more information. What model is this? What is condition? There certainly are enough guys to help you with this if you provide details

If you choose to sell it (u should keep it and enjoy it!) there are numerous ways to sell it from using this site, the HCCA link, Ebay, Hemmings, auction etc.

I believe in 1910 Cadillac offered 6 different models...

Its a model 30 Touring, It is partialy restored. All the parts are suppossed to be there, except the radiator and horn haven't been located. I would love to keep it and see it restored ( my father would've loved it to be done and kept in the family) . However, my husband is not interested in helping me finish it. He's into customizing hot rods and I can't finish it myself nor do I know how to sell it. It has 1200 miles on the vehicle itself, The car had been dismantled by the original owner in 1912, after a marrital dispute . The wife said "...either the car went or She went." So when my father bought it ( years later)it was all in parts . He hung it together but He could't find the radiator so He had to get one . which He did , but now We can't find it nor the horn but I think once the home( farm ) is gone through, they might appear.He started the restoration the carriage,body, frame,spoked wheels, even freeing the engine.some pieces are rough such as the top in needs re canvased,I found many notes pictures books etc. even the title, Any Help would be appreciated.Thanks

Guest c.johnson

Maybe if you really want to keep it, you can talk him into restoring it. The "investment approach" works rather well - used it myself a few times wink.gif I have heard a rumor that an early restored Cadillac (unkown model & year of course) sold for as much as a half million $$$$ at an auction in Nevada. Maybe your husband could redirect his talents.

As far as selling it, you may have a better chance at selling it after it is restored. confused.gif

Finally, if you end up selling it "as is", will probably get some interest from you post here. cool.gif

cj

Whether you have the Demi-Tonneau or the 5 passenger touring do not expect a fortune for the car, especially in the sate it is in. I can tell you what the books say it is worth but I believe most of those price guidelines are hogwash anyway. I would definiely put an ad in the HCCA site and Hemmings. There are guys very knowedgeable about Cadillac and I am not one of them. However, from your description and from watching ads it SOUNDS to me that this might be a "teens" priced vehicle.

Please contact me with regard to the possible sale of this car. I had a 1910 touring car which I sold some years ago, almost finished. To this day I am sorry for having done this and have been looking to replace it ever since : even to the point of buying spares for my 'future acquisition'. You may contact me directly at keant@ozemail.com.au

Thankyou, I look forward to hearing from you.