Chevrolet 490 oil container

J.H.Boland

I bought this oil container many years ago and have never seen another one like it.As it states on the can,it was made to fit under the rear seat of a 490 touring.It's still full of original oil ! Are there similar cans out there ? Not for sale,just "show and tell" !

Jim

Chevrolet 490 oil container 001.JPG

Chevrolet 490 oil container 004.JPG

Chevrolet 490 oil container 006.JPG

Chevrolet 490 oil container 003.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Jim ,

I saw one like this advertized a few years back so it is probably the same one as the guy told me it had just been sold.

Fantastic tin and the Chev 490 on the tin is a 1916 year model.

You could imagine my excitment when I found the tin on line a few years ago, as I own a 1916 Chevrolet 490 Roadster and would have loved to have the tin with the car.

Enjoy the tin and thanks for the show and tell but please keep me in mind if your every wish to sell.

Maybe there are two as the one I looked at a few years ago is a little different to your tin

Thanks Dave

Chevrolet_1915_gallon_tin_800x600.jpg

Hi Dave

There's bound to be a few of these cans out there.I bought it when I was in the early stages of restoring my 1921 490. It was made into a truck in the mid 1920's but I had found all the necessary parts to make it back into a touring.The truck conversion was just too sweet however so I left it that way.The can looks good on the shelf behind the car (truck).

Jim

1921 Chevrolet Roadster Pickup 002.JPG