"Vegas Rat Rods" what a waste.

stakeside

Had been tolerating the Velocity channel "Vegas Rat Rods" until the last show. These guys are very talented and I enjoyed seeing there skills but when they took a chevy truck and covered it with spikes I lost interest.

I guess people enjoy this because the ratings are good?????

47 minutes ago, stakeside said:

Had been tolerating the Velocity channel "Vegas Rat Rods" until the last show. These guys are very talented and I enjoyed seeing there skills but when they took a chevy truck and covered it with spikes I lost interest.

I guess people enjoy this because the ratings are good?????

Would please explain what you think these guys can weld? Would you strap your own kid in? Bob

Not sure what the complaints are all about.

I watched this episode. This was a commissioned project, custom-built for a couple of edgy security/bodyguards who wanted the truck to portray their personalities.

I thought it was an interesting episode but as always, plagued by the annoying repetition and lots of commercials.

Granted, the "donor" truck was a solid, original vehicle. 

But this kind of project is what people are spending big $$$ to buy and $$$ means sponsors, so that's what shops and TV producers are creating.

Different strokes for different folks and I believe there's enough room in this hobby for all of us.

Edited by 95Cardinal
added comment (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got rid of my television service once and for all,

about a year ago.  Most programming no longer

appealed to me:  8 minutes of ads for every 22 minutes

of content;  increasing raunchiness throughout the line-up;

and reporting I can no longer trust to be honest and accurate.

"Reality" shows don't portray reality--they're just cheaper to make.

I don't miss television one bit!

• Thanks 1

It is one of my luxuries and A Lot cheaper than any of my cars since a bundled service: TV/Cable/Phone. And for the hearing impaired (deef as a post) closed captions let me understand movies I did not in a theater (lady friend likes to go to movies and I really like good Animation).

BTW Horatio's Drive is a great show from another thread but had to watch on PC since TV would not display captions. Were there but no menu selection so had to use a tool on my PC to force them. May need to cut my own DVD with them active. 'Nother hobby.

One thing about cable is that for every new show there are a gadzillion repeats so only need the periodic "free weeks" and a DVR with a lot of storage to get everything.

ps most "basic" cable includes the Discovery (Velocity), History, SyFi, FX, and TCM channels. Don't need much more.

I don't hate that truck. Besides, they took a giant heavy truck nobody wanted and wasn't worth anything, not some piece of priceless unobtainium. Looks like they put a diesel in it rather than a generic small block Chevy crate motor and while spikes on a gas tank strikes me as a very bad idea, the rest of the truck works for me. I like the "Mad Max" vibe it has.

As I always say, if you're going to build a rod, at least color outside the lines and don't mess up something intrinsically valuable. These guys have done that. I'm OK with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1