Sign in to follow this  
GARY F

I got sick last night

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nice Buick, bet there are less than 10 people in the USA that would know what a 100% correct  1937 Buick should look like, and less that truly care, drive on! Bob 

Benefits of AACA Membership.

6 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nice Buick, bet there are less than 10 people in the USA that would know what a 100% correct  1937 Buick should look like, and less that truly care, drive on! Bob 

Very true, but it really becomes a problem when 10% of the hobby know what is 100% correct!,

by the way that Buick is a great looking car, 

4 hours ago, mcdarrunt said:

........1952 263 straight 8, a/c, automatic, p/s, p/b, 12v, alternator, turn signals, halogen/led lights, and all the other non purist doo dads) and 99% of the people in the 20 states we were in have now seen a 37 Buick .......

Oh...the horror of it......sealed beam headlights on a pre-1941 car. 

Well...to be fair.....you don't have a '37 Buick automobile...you have a '52 Buick on which you have mounted the sheet metal of a '37.     If memory serves,   wasn't 1952 the first year the "small" Buicks got the benefit of modern "insert" type connecting rod bearings?

I don't blame you - if I wanted to drive a pre-war car around on today's roads at today's speeds....agree completely.. .sure as heck wouldn't try it in a stock '37 Buick of ANY series.     If I were stuck with a '37 Buick I would do exactly what you did.  

If memory serves,  by '37 only Buick and Chevrolet were still being stubborn and sticking with that cheapo "poured babbit"  set-up for con rods.  Which explains those news reports when they first opened the then brand-new Penn Turnpike... ( about how much fun the tow-truck operators had until people whose motors had "poured babbet" rod bearings learned their lesson...!

10 hours ago, John348 said:

Very true, but it really becomes a problem when 10% of the hobby know what is 100% correct!,

by the way that Buick is a great looking car, 

Kind of like how the ACD club allows parts under the hood that are supposed to be chrome or polished aluminum to be painted with silver paint to "save" on restoration costs. Now properly finished cars without the silver paint don't match the judging standard and are docked points.

Edited by Brass is Best (see edit history)