DA6 Engine/trans and axles/wheels *** SOLD ***

danritz

*** SOLD ***

I am posting this for a friend - Scott Wolfe - whose father recently passed away and left behind what is believed to be Dodge Brothers DA6 engine/trans and axles/wheels.  Scott is looking to sell these parts, for a reasonable price, to someone who could make use of them.  In talking with his uncle, it's believed that these parts were removed from a running, driving Dodge Brothers vehicle for use in a different body/frame, but that never happened.  Again, Scott is not looking for big bucks, he'd simply like to make a few bucks get the parts back into circulation. Items are in Fredericktown Ohio 43019.   Please contact Scott for more info and pricing.  Contact info:

Scott Wolfe
Heath, Ohio 43056
email--  wolfe172@roadrunner.com
cell 740-258-3175  call or text is fine - 8am-10pm Monday-Sunday  ( Eastern time zone )

Thanks,

Dan

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1580.JPG

IMG_1581.JPG

IMG_1582 (2).jpg

IMG_1583 (2).jpg

IMG_1584 (2).jpg

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1587.JPG

IMG_1588.JPG

IMG_1589.JPG

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

IMG_1593.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1602.JPG

eBay DB motor 00.jpg

eBay DB motor 03.jpg

eBay DB motor 04.jpg

eBay DB motor 05.jpg

eBay DB motor 06.jpg

eBay DB motor 07.jpg

eBay DB motor 08.jpg

eBay DB motor 09.jpg

eBay DB motor 10.jpg

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

Edited by danritz
Sold (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi, There are a few things in the pictures that are saying not DA. I could be wrong. For instance on a DA the exhaust pipe would connect at the front of the manifold and run under the carb. The pictures show the exhaust pipe would connect at the rear of the manifold.  The front axle on a DA is solid and the King Pin boss goes into the steering knuckle. This car has it opposite, the axle mounts to the top and bottom of the knuckle. (Hope I explained that right.)  Also the clutch inspection cover at the top of the bell housing should be rectangle and be held on with 4 bolts.  Someone with more Dodge knowledge maybe able to tell you the year and model.

5 hours ago, ILIKECARS53 said:

Hi, There are a few things in the pictures that are saying not DA. I could be wrong. For instance on a DA the exhaust pipe would connect at the front of the manifold and run under the carb. The pictures show the exhaust pipe would connect at the rear of the manifold.  The front axle on a DA is solid and the King Pin boss goes into the steering knuckle. This car has it opposite, the axle mounts to the top and bottom of the knuckle. (Hope I explained that right.)  Also the clutch inspection cover at the top of the bell housing should be rectangle and be held on with 4 bolts.  Someone with more Dodge knowledge maybe able to tell you the year and model.

I agree, might be DD. Exhaust is not DA. 

These parts are all truck DA 3/4 ton,, correct wood wheels and all... Only thing I notice initially that isn't correct is the oil filter, .. should be a SA2 Purolator but that can be solved.

BTW, - the DA6 passenger car had the exhaust in front while the numbers stamped at rear of motor (as ILIKECARS53 noted)....DA6  trucks however were just the opposite.

Here's an exact match from my 1930 owners manual for my DA-124 model truck, notice exhaust in rear, correct manifold, trans and even the correct carb... that's a thing of beauty Scott.... Thank you for sharing it Dan.

35.jpg

34.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

You're welcome guys...

it's a 3 speed Doug, see attached info...

Was used in 5 body styles in 1929, 30 and part of 31 I believe, also came in the DA-120 shorter wheelbase trucks... The other engine used in the same bodies was the U code engine which was the Plymouth 4 cyl, these are referred to as the U-124 models in truck literature.

Going to need help getting these to AZ somehow if anyone is headed out this way please let me know. Scott and I have struck a deal for the parts.

43.jpg

1930 Specs 5.jpg

1930 Specs 4.jpg

7 hours ago, David_Leech said:

So much want. So much shipping charges

David,

If you're looking for a DA6 I have a complete long block engine and trans out of a 29 5 window coupe that I'd be willing to sell now that I will be purchasing these truck parts.

Shoot me a PM if interested , I'm in AZ btw

DA 6 004.JPG

DA 6 005.JPG

I see a million dollars worth of little parts in both of these packages. David, it's good that you will have an extra. I guess you guys know this air cleaner is different then the cars?  I've always known that there are no two early DBs the same { '15 and '16} . I guess it lasted through the whole series. Also, I wonder what is under those rubber peddle pads. My DA doesn't have them. 

Wow, that is a fantastic find for 30DodgePanel.  The completeness and condition of all items is something you'll rarely see.  Congratulations!  I do note the orientation of the brake/clutch pedal pads.  On pics of my D2 someone noted that the pedal pads are normally oriented with the slots in the floor boards.  Should these pedal pads be so oriented?

Thanks Pete,

looking at page 12 in my owners manual the horizontal pattern is evident on the pedal pads in interior artists rendition. It is worth noting that on these trucks they had a steel diamond pattern floor and the pattern ran horizontally as did the running boards on the exterior - I can add pic later when I get home.

17 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

You're welcome guys...

it's a 3 speed Doug, see attached info...

Was used in 5 body styles in 1929, 30 and part of 31 I believe, also came in the DA-120 shorter wheelbase trucks... The other engine used in the same bodies was the U code engine which was the Plymouth 4 cyl, these are referred to as the U-124 models in truck literature.

Going to need help getting these to AZ somehow if anyone is headed out this way please let me know. Scott and I have struck a deal for the parts.

43.jpg

1930 Specs 5.jpg

Congrats on find. All those hours cruising the web has payed off.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:09 AM, 30DodgePanel said:

Thanks Pete,

looking at page 12 in my owners manual the horizontal pattern is evident on the pedal pads in interior artists rendition. It is worth noting that on these trucks they had a steel diamond pattern floor and the pattern ran horizontally as did the running boards on the exterior - I can add pic later when I get home.

Here's that artists rendition if anyone was curious.

8.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...