What are these parts

Frank Tate

So, I am working on the 55 Tbird that I bought as a basket case awhile back.  Just trying to identify what I have and what I don't have as I start the restoration.  I have pulled these two parts and for the life of me, I can't figure out what they are.

The bracket has a knurled knob (circled) on the bottom that is spring loaded and seems to act as a catch (arrow).  I initially thought it was part of the parking brake assembly, but I cannot find it in any diagrams.

The shaft with the stud like part at right angles has a catch (circled) and the inside of the shaft is threaded and telescopes and it spring loaded (circled). 

Any help you all can provide would be much appreciated!  I really feel like an idiot!!

Frank

DSCN1198_LI.jpg

DSCN1200_LI.jpg

DSCN1201_LI.jpg

DSCN1202_LI.jpg

DSCN1202.JPG

Hi Frank,

Do you see a part number on either item? That would definitely help. I don't recognize either of those parts on my '57. My guess is that they are related to the parking brake but not of T-Bird origin. It certainly wouldn't be a surprise if you got a car that came in pieces. Many of these cars were kept on the road by whatever means possible in the days before the current excellent parts network existed. Who knows what may have been done?

Anyway, let me know and I will help identify it if I can.

Regards,

Lew Bachman

1957 T-Bird Colonial White

Hi Lew,

Thanks for the response!  I don't see any part numbers, so I am going to throw them into the rust removal solution and see if anything appears.  However, I think you are right and they are TBird parts.  So, I will take a few more pics and throw this out into the "what is it" section.  If I don't need it and someone can identify it and does, then I think they should have it!

Best,

Frank

Thanks Lew.  Well I figured it out.  Did a quick bead blast of the frame part and it had a stamp....MP40 mgc68.  A quick google search and these are parts for a replica German Machine Pistol from WWII.  How in the world they made it into my box of TBird parts I'll never know!!!  LOL  Well, I guess I will go on the model gun forums and see if anyone wants them.

Best,

Frank