Anyone seen this exhaust deflector

33Crazy

I have seen that type, but not with a logo. I bought an item that was supposed to be a Dodge Brothers watch fob. Got it in the mail and found that the logo was glued on with silicone glue and fell right off. Turns out, the guy I got it from is selling them on a popular online auction site. The logos are cheap items glued to almost anything you can imagine and sold as "originals". I don't think the Plymouth logo was originally offered on the deflectors.

My exhaust deflectors have the V8 stamped in the stainless, from the inside so the V8 is raised.  I guess I could glue on a Ford oval too, but doubt it would last long. (Kind of like a temporary tattoo)

I recall that someone was selling numerous exhaust defectors on ebay 10 to 15 years ago. They were all identical except for the applied emblem which signified the different makes. They looked nice enough and, as I recall, they didn't stress anything about their being original or authentic. I'm sure that this was one of that type.

It appears to be a typical exhaust pipe deflector made to dress up the unsightly rusty exhaust pipe, and prevent soot from staining your bumper. They made that type in the forties I believe. It would look good on a late 30s, 40s or early 50s Plymouth. I don't think I would use that style after 54.

You got a nice accessory for your Plymouth, as long as you didn't pay too much.

If you look around ebay their are alot of them and their all different prices. I bought a pair for $26 recently for my Olds and they look OK. Not totally original look but good enough for a driver and it does keep the black smoke off your chrome. Its better than a rusty old pipe anyway. I will say they look better and more authentic once their installed and the mounting tabs are bent under and bolted. Look around on ebay and see all the different prices but the cheapest I saw them was $26 for two. Ive also seen about $17 for one but why not keep a spare if you only need one? Dont bother with the stuck-on emblem ones like this tho. I cant see how those would stay in place.