Spitfire engine 53 Chrysler

With the help of this Fourm I found out that my engine is from a 53 Chrysler and it has 264.5 cubic inches. I bought the engine from the trunk of a 41 DeSoto where it had been stored for 2 years. The engine was completly overhauled (Bored .40 over and the crank turned .10 under ect.) I have a pile of NOS parts to assemble the engine. After getting it home, and laying everything out I discovered that the Main Bearing Caps are missing, otherwise I have a complete engine and then some. I called the seller about the Main Caps and after 2 weeks he still cant find them. I bought the engine to put in my 51 Dodge B series Truck, thinking the extra Torque produced by this engine would be far better than the 218 now in the truck. Does anyone know where I can get another set of main Caps? I would like to buy another engine of the same size and use the caps on this rebuilt engine. I think having them line bored would work quite well and having all the correct bolts would be a great help. I could really use some help here, I want this engine in my truck pretty bad. Thanks for your support. Jamesbee

I believe you can use main caps from all the "big block" flatheads, 239, 251, 265 etc. Tom Langdon at Stovebolt Engine company can help you locate them, he has a website, wwwstoveboltengineco.com, I think. Also, take a look at the PowerWagon Page, and even Inliners International.