1906 motorcycle size

If you’re planning on building a vehicle like this (and I hope you are), you’ll really be limited by what tyres are available to you at the moment. The 26”x2½” were common and are still made, as well as the 28”x2¼” which are commonly fitted to the board-track racing bikes. I don't think the more common 26"x3" and 28"x3" became available until later on.

Looking at your photo –and I know it could just be perspective- it looks to me as if the front tyres have a larger diameter and a narrower profile than the rears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is a famous car and a famous early race car driver, and the photo has been discussed at length on a forum, possibly on the MTFCA forum.  The driver is so famous that I can't remember who it is......

There is a post on the Hamb forum that says this Harroun V8 engine still exists. The small sprocket on the back wheel would have originally been for the pedal start, the other side of the hub would of had a larger drive sprocket or a belt drive pulley

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/auto-racing-1894-1944.380814/page-259