5000th birthday

JACK M

Looks like I Will be celebrating my 5000th post today or tomorrow.

Help me celebrate.

Yell "WHOO HOO".

Then let me know if anybody thought you were silly.

I will be blowing out the candles for a week or so..

• Like 6

Nobody thought I was silly , Jack ! 5000 VERY impressive to me. Hey , man : I only have 20% that much , and the arthritis in my tap' thumbs to prove it ! I always look forward to your posts , and am pleased to note that we are fellow Northwesterners with some common experiences. Keep on keepin' on !  - Carl

Congrats Jack on your 5,000 posts.  I enjoy your comments and expertise.

No ...... it's not silly to celebrate ...... but the below IS SILLY.

Back in 2009, I purchased a new vehicle.

When it got precisely to 1,000 miles  ( just breaking in )   I pulled over to the side of the road, called ONSTAR, did the WA HOO ..... told them my Chevy made it through the first 1,000 mile "shake down". 

Yes, looking back ...... that was silly.  :)

If you were really born 5000 years ago, you only have 40 descendants that survived you.

So What DID Happen 5000 Years Ago?

‘Ancient Patriarchs’ continues: ...

Ancient history began much more recent than that, especially when you realise that a mere 4.500 years ago a horrendous global Flood struck our Earth, as duly recorded in over 700 global Flood legends!  This Deluge totally wiped out the first Human Era which had spiraled into utter debauchery, cruel violence, and some say, genetic tinkering, a multiplied re-run of which we are experiencing today!

ark-wave

Only 8 people survived that first “law-less” pre-Flood era! As  Indian records state: MaNU and his 7 Rishis (8), or Satyavrata and his 3 sons Sharma, Charma, Pra Yapethi and their 4 wives (8), while we Chinese have Flood survivors Fuxi, Nüwa, and Shen-Nong, plus 5 emperors! (8), the Miao Zu people have Nuah, his wife, and three sons Lo Shen, Lo Han, Yaphu, and their wives (8), Sumerians say: Oannes and his 7 Sages! (8), while the Egyptians count the Ogdoad (8) or 8 ‘Khemenu of On’, while Moses’ Genesis counts Noe, his 3 sons (c)Ham, Shem, & Yapheth, plus their 4 wives, to 8 survivors!
Pretty uncanny, ‘ey?

On 8/11/2017 at 3:15 PM, bobg1951chevy said:

When it got precisely to 1,000 miles  ( just breaking in )   I pulled over to the side of the road, called ONSTAR, did the WA HOO ..... told them my Chevy made it through the first 1,000 mile "shake down". 

Yes, looking back ...... that was silly.  :)

These days most crap you buy at stores has those horrible words 'Made in China' or similar.   Congrats for your Chevy making the grade.  I hope you enjoy many more miles with it; my 10 year Suburban just hit 180k yesterday and it was only a few months ago the boss asked if it was a new truck.....

Oh, like the Traeger wood pellet stove I bought $$$ at Costco recently.  Finally pulled it out of the box yesterday, despite the directions got it assembled but noooooo it doesn't work.  No problem says the Customer Service Rep, that's a defective auger, we'll send you a new one.  No need, the whole POS is going back to the store. 

I just don't have patience for something that is a PITA to put together and then it doesn't work.  Doesn't bode well for long ownership.  Sorta like the ATC trailer that I just sold back to the manufacturer.  Lost a decent chunk in the transaction as they wouldn't reimburse me for the non-transferrable license plate, the sales tax (too long to get refund), the dealer prep and transportation fees OR the spare tire I bought which matched the fancy aluminum wheels on that fancy but poorly designed and poorly built aluminum open deck trailer we bought recently.  The one that we had to use a pry bar to get the ramp door to open at Motor Muster and duct tape to close it again.  But according to the Warranty Supervisor, it wasn't a safety issue.  Since I bought mine, they redesigned their trailer to eliminate the inherent design flaws that I fought with the past year and a half - - THREE times it was serviced including TWICE all the way back in Indiana - - there were more miles on it from going to service than me actually using it!!!!  Defective coupler - new replacement looked like they attacked it with a sledge hammer, wiring falling off, ramp door latches wouldn't open, or if opened, wouldn't close and ramps were being destroyed by the d-ring hardware and ramp door latches due to poor design.  Ramps were just replaced late last summer and by the 2nd trip around town (Motor Muster) they looked just as bad as the previous pair.  

Here's ATC website so you know what to avoid:   www.aluminumtrailercompany.com

Edited by CarFreak (see edit history)

Strangest thing.

I had to be away from the computer for a coup of days so the celebration got delayed a bit.

I got home Sunday evening and checked my emails etc.

I got an email from another member stating that he couldn't seem to post anything on the AACA forums.

So I came here to find the same problem. The site would not let me enter anything. There was a gray shaded area everywhere I wanted to add text.

I emailed another member, of coarse I wouldn't expect any answers but I couldn't even contact any help  thru the forums as I seemed to be locked out.

A few hours later and all seems fine.

Let the celebration continue.

I guess it will be tomorrow. I need only five posts to get there.

CHEERS ALL,

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

I think someone is trying to tease us with anticipation! I will never make that count here. However (Brag brag brag), I have over 9000 posts on a model T site that I spend WAY too much time on. And that count doesn't include nearly 3000 posts made before the site crashed several years ago.

Regardless. Congratulations! 

And a "Whoo Hoo" when you make it.

7 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

I think someone is trying to tease us with anticipation! I will never make that count here. However (Brag brag brag), I have over 9000 posts on a model T site that I spend WAY too much time on. And that count doesn't include nearly 3000 posts made before the site crashed several years ago.

Regardless. Congratulations! 

And a "Whoo Hoo" when you make it.

What? 12,000 posts? Piker.

Congrats!  Think how many WORDS that might be!  With an average of 20 word posts, then it's 100,000 words!  If one is wordy, and I'm not naming names of course, then it might be half a million words or more!  Fun stuff!

Keiser31, I bow to the master. And not only do you post often? But you almost always have the right answer to someone's question! Again, I will bow to the master.

Jack M, CONGRATULATIONS! And Whoo Hoo!

Trimacar, And I do tend to be wordy. I have written many very long posts. A few on here, and a bunch on that model T site.

I should have sat down and written a book.

I have written a book, 26 chapters and 75,000 words, already edited, just don't know how to get it published.  Stumbling block with a lot of publishers are the pictures, a lot of small guys don't do color pictures for a book.

One of these days I'll get it printed!  I use to travel for business a lot, and those hours in a hotel room meant plenty of time to write....