Buick Tachometer

PWB

2 hours ago, Loren@65GS.com said:

I think it was '61 to '67. It is in what is referred to as "knee knocker " housing. They were usually suspended from the bottom of the dash.  The one pictured is the lower RPM . There was also one that went to 7000 RPM.

Loren@65GS.com

5 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

The tach, or the case it is in? 

The case which is suspended.

Not the other styles like in the floor consoles.

This must be one rare gem!  I want one. :D

• 5 years later...
2 hours ago, Schmiddy said:

What's the actual value of this RPM in a perfect mint condition?

I don't know.  I suppose it depends upon how badly someone needs it.  Is the one you have for a Pontiac or a Buick?  You could always set your price and post it here: https://forums.aaca.org/forum/185-general-motors-automobiles-and-parts-buysell/ .  A couple of old listings ranged between $250 and $400.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EmTee said:

I don't know.  I suppose it depends upon how badly someone needs it.  Is the one you have for a Pontiac or a Buick?  You could always set your price and post it here: https://forums.aaca.org/forum/185-general-motors-automobiles-and-parts-buysell/ .  A couple of old listings ranged between $250 and $400.

Thank you for your answer!
Yes, as I researched myself, I found some (very old) listings with an amount of up to $400. But I think, today and in NOS condition, the price of these original parts are higher... I don't know how hight exactly. I was asking because someone is very interested for my RPM and I don't want to give away this gem under its price. It's an original Buick RPM.
Thank you also for the link, I will follow. 🙂 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/29/2022 at 10:24 AM, Schmiddy said:

Thank you for your answer!
Yes, as I researched myself, I found some (very old) listings with an amount of up to $400. But I think, today and in NOS condition, the price of these original parts are higher... I don't know how hight exactly. I was asking because someone is very interested for my RPM and I don't want to give away this gem under its price. It's an original Buick RPM.
Thank you also for the link, I will follow. 🙂 

Schmiddy, you didn't give it away. We made pretty good trades. Not often both sides come out smiling. Please remember, " When you deal with the Turbinator you always come out a winner."

Turbinator