The "1954 BUICK HEADQUARTERS"

Took a lot of these pictures over a year ago but just finding a rainy day to post them.

This room use to be my son Jordan's room before and while he was in college. Then it became a "spare bedroom" but began collecting a lot of "pitch it in the door" junk. I finally decided to take it over for my office.   After cleaning it of all the junk and repairing some of the mysterious holes in the sheet rock  that had been hidden for years with Johnny Cash and Marine Corp posters (at least he had good taste in posters), Rita and Terry commenced to painting the walls in 1954 Buick colors of Tunis Blue and Malibu Blue. Note also the cabinets and tables are "Buick Engine Green" which I think goes great with the '54 Buick blue colors.

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy.

"1954 BUICK HEADQUARTERS"

IMG_8835.JPG

IMG_8969.JPG

IMG_8881.JPG

IMG_8883.JPG

IMG_8954b.jpg

IMG_8956.JPG

IMG_8957.JPG

IMG_8837 (2).JPG

IMG_8840.JPG

IMG_8862.JPG

IMG_8857.JPG

IMG_8903.JPG

IMG_8917.JPG

IMG_8902.JPG

IMG_8898.JPG

IMG_6647.JPG

That's sort of panoramic look. I can post some close ups and detail shots if any interest.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Fantastic view...fantastic room!!!  My "Buick/Cadillac" room is relegated to me by house management down in my cellar (basement to you non New Englanders)!

Congratulations, Mr. Earl.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

Very nice!  :)

Thanks Larry. Did you see the piece you turned me on to?

19 hours ago, DShip said:

Fantastic view...fantastic room!!!  My "Buick/Cadillac" room is relegated to me by house management down in my cellar (basement to you non New Englanders)!

Congratulations, Mr. Earl.

Thanks Dave,  nothing wrong with a basement. In fact I am considering expanding to ours but it is full of the junk from this room plus much more. Yard sale time!!!

17 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

That's a great looking space, Lamar!

Keith

Thanks Keith :)

17 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

I hate you!:P

Puts my measly area to shame.  Happy for you.

Terry painted?  PICTURES.  And Miss Rita, too! WOW.

Ben

Dang, sorry, no pictures. You dirty ol man!!!

17 hours ago, billbuickgs said:

AND I thought I had the BUICK BUG BAD !!!

Love the picture looking out the window at the "OUT" buildings

VERY NICE !!!!!!!!!

Bill

Well if you got to have a "bug" a Buick Bug is a good one to have I guess.

Thanks Bill, I love that view too.

16 minutes ago, smithbrother said:

FITTY FO, Buick should give you a new Puick with tow package for all YOU do promoting BUICK.

YOU is the man.

Looking great,

Dale in Indy

Well Thanks Smitty, here's the local Buick dealership, see what they say, you can never tell....

http://www.heywardallen.com/?gclid=CjsKDwjw5arMBRDz9cK2uen9ORIkAAqmJezIhWO2WbWttUiIU1xW53gFIMU8yuGjhWFRXfHp0-0UGgJSvfD_BwE

I agree with others Lamar ...

Very Nice & Looks Great!!!

Your space puts my little area to shame too! Nice collection and display.

I do have one matching item, the metal swivel chair in picture #2 and #10 above matches what I have at the metal desk I have.

I too really like the VIEW out the window!

• 2 weeks later...

Lamar it took a lot of time just to sort thru all of your stuff. Man what a collection and it is displayed first class, my hat is off to you, I wish I had the room but then again Kathy would not allow more space to be used in the Basement of the house. You have a real show piece that all of us wish we had

Good Job

On 8/11/2017 at 4:45 PM, Rivman said:

I agree with others Lamar ...

Very Nice & Looks Great!!!

Your space puts my little area to shame too! Nice collection and display.

I do have one matching item, the metal swivel chair in picture #2 and #10 above matches what I have at the metal desk I have.

I too really like the VIEW out the window!

Thanks Rivman, would like to see that desk. I assume it is a "tanker"?  I have one that will go in the garage office once (if) it is ever completed.

On 8/13/2017 at 4:59 PM, GARY F said:

Great place you have there Mr. Earl

Thanks Gary

On 8/13/2017 at 6:23 PM, Elpad said:

Thanks for posting the pictures of The Three Amigos Al. I'll always cherish that get together.

On 8/15/2017 at 11:18 AM, JohnD1956 said:

Heaven on earth! F___ing AWESOME!  I should just burn my tiny stash...but I have been to the Nationals since Charlotte NC... :P

Very true JD, very true. Someday though....

On 8/15/2017 at 11:29 AM, avgwarhawk said:

Lamar,

What a great place you have created to enjoy and share your Buicks and memorabilia.   Truly awesome!  

Thanks Chris. It is really nice to be surrounded by Buick "stuff". Relative to "sharing" it, dumb ass me forgets to take people up to it when they visit. duhhh

On 8/16/2017 at 9:50 PM, Bill Stoneberg said:

More pictures of the hound !  And NOT the one you posted in the snake oil thread.

I'll see what I can do Bill:lol:

On 8/25/2017 at 7:57 PM, Mudbone said:

Very nice job! I can only hope to do 1/10th of that some day!

Thanks Mudbone!! Your new garage is going to put my room to shame though I am sure.

On 8/28/2017 at 8:16 PM, Kosage Chavis said:

I have personally been in this room and thought I died and went to Buick heaven. I seriously think it should be put on the national registry and declared a national landmark.

Thanks Kosage, fully enjoyed showing it to you and the Mrs and kids.

On 9/2/2017 at 8:39 AM, EmTee said:

Let's start a petition -- the new BCA Museum (and B & B...)!  :D

Just call ahead, we'll leave the lights on.

16 hours ago, Booreatta said:

Lamar it took a lot of time just to sort thru all of your stuff. Man what a collection and it is displayed first class, my hat is off to you, I wish I had the room but then again Kathy would not allow more space to be used in the Basement of the house. You have a real show piece that all of us wish we had

Good Job

Thanks for looking over the pictures so closely. Let me know if I can share close ups of anything in particular.   As with all the responses, I am humbled  by all the kind words and appreciation.

2 hours ago, Caballero2 said:

I thought this might interest some.... in classifieds

http://rockymountain.buickclub.org/

WOW Cabelloro, How sweet it us. A 3 speed convertible, can't get no more fun than that! Can't see a lot of detail but seems fairly priced.

thanks man.

1954 Buick Special 46C

Don and Ilse here.  We have decided to sell our 54 convertible and are wondering if we can place an ad in the newsletter and website.  Its just time to liquidated some items

Ilse 303-589-7517
Don 303-731-9254

Red convertible with white top, 71K miles, 3 speed standard transmission.  Interior, top and chrome new in 2012.  Painted in 2010.  Engine and transmission rebuilt.  $45,000.00

1954_46C_Wheeler.jpg

1954_46C_Wheeler1.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:57 PM, MrEarl said:

Thanks Rivman, would like to see that desk. I assume it is a "tanker"?  I have one that will go in the garage office once (if) it is ever completed.

It took a while, but I finally got a picture of my desk. My chair is a bit different, but pretty close, and not in as good of condition as yours either.

59d170aa7b9ca_1-TOUSE-IMG_3693.thumb.JPG.68337439799d1652e3b1c22a644079fc.JPG

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:11 PM, MrEarl said:

Thanks and I'll give Elvis your regards. :D

Give Elvis my regards too, he looks like a great companion!

• Like 1

FITTY FO,,,,,, I noted KEYS hanging in post number 19.

They reminded me of my father selling a new Buick in the early fifties.  The deal was made, the buyer traded a 37 Buick in, when he walked out to leave in his new Buick Dad realized that he hadn't given him the car keys.  Dad darted out only to reach the car when it had just be started, his 37 key worked just fine.  

Often wondered how often that occurred.

Dale in Indy

• Like 1