Hershey week long parking

dalef62

Is there any place you can park a car for the entire week of Hershey for one fee?  We have a friend coming and need a spot to park a car from Tuesday till Saturday.  It wouldn't be moved the entire week.

Thanks,

Dale

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, dalef62 said:

Is there any place you can park a car for the entire week of Hershey for one fee?  We have a friend coming and need a spot to park a car from Tuesday till Saturday.  It wouldn't be moved the entire week.

Thanks,

Dale

Dale,

I would highly recommend that you phone that museum in advance for details.  That way there are no surprises should you be turned away for just showing up..  

Regards,

Peter J.

I have checked with the Museum and they want $120.00 to park a car there from Tues. to Sat., RV parking rates apply whether you are parking a car or a RV.  Does anyone have a spot we could park this car for the week for a small fee???????????

Has anyone had any luck parking at a shopping center long term?   

Do NOT try parking at other businesses here in town.  Recently they have become aggressive in this area of "illegally" parked cars.  I heard a heated conversation with one person who got towed and it was a $250 bill.  There are some local houses that park cars during the week for a smaller fee but I do not have any contact info. they are located north of Hersheypark Rd. 

Thanks for the offer Dave.  My brother lives about 1 hour away too, but we were hoping for something right in the area.   It is really a shame that someone doesn't have a place just to park cars for the week at a reasonable cost.  Might even free up some flea market space and make the flea market better?

Does anyone have any room on there space for a car(modern day midsized) for the week?  Message me and we can work out the details.;)

As I sated before I feel confident you would be able to get space somewhat near the show at some homes in the area that have signs out for parking. At least in years past they have been available.  I have known some people to park on the street legally where that was allowed as well.

Any car in a flea market space needs a sticker and you would not be allowed without it.

As to HERCO, which is now HE & R they are not the villains here.  Years ago so many campers and people started using local businesses as parking that it affected those who wanted to actually use those businesses for normal commerce.  In addition, people were leaving trash, even opening there dump tanks and that was a huge problem.  It now has resulted in most of the local business close to the show to take action.  You need to put yourself in their shoes.

HE&R has been a true partner in the fall meet and other events.  They do a ton of things you will never know about and the meet could not be held without their cooperation and willingness to ensure we can get done what we need to.  They also have a responsibility to make a profit which in turn goes solely to fund the Milton Hershey School System.

No easy answers folks as this is a small town hosting a very big event which does complicate things a bit.

Steve,

I understand about parking problems and I know about the stickers.  We will check on local homes but we are trying to get things lined up before we go. 

As for HE&R, I commend them for the job they do.  It is a big undertaking and they, Hershey Region, AACA and HE&R do a fabulous job.  I just thought that if there was a place that someone could park a car for the entire week for a smaller fee than RV parking, that maybe it would free up some flea market space as some vendor would park there vehicles in the weeklong area?

Again, thanks for the ideas and we will check into those options.