Buicks and the Great Outdoors - Camping and Trailering

MrEarl

E3B49AB1-FC0E-427F-8F79-BCA49516FD7F.jpeg

Anyone know anything about this trailer.\?  It appears that there's some kind of clamping device at the front of the trailer where the two colors meet.  I'm wondering if this is some kind of early pop-top trailer.

10 hours ago, 91vert said:

61491837_204641983845364_66876183502494161052305_204641943845368_23884747783746360969007_204642007178695_880423399957358Shamrockaway-BuickRV.jpg

I'll bet that someone had fun figuring two different turning radii for the two pairs of front wheels.  Which set of rear tires are set up to slip.  Boy, what a engineering nightmare.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RivNut said:

I'll bet that someone had fun figuring two different turning radii for the two pairs of front wheels.  Which set of rear tires are set up to slip.  Boy, what a engineering nightmare.  

Whos gonna drag it out and fix it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dmfconsult said:

Lookin' Good Mr. Earl!  So should we presume the carb and overheating (and maybe transmission/torque converter) issues are now resolved? 

Thanks Doug! Covered some pretty long steep grades on the way, checked temperature at top of thermostat housing and transmission pan, neither one ever above 195. Had cleaned carb and have been running Seafoam and while the carb never backfired and seemed to be performing pretty much as should, I’m still not satisfied with the power and overall performance of the engine while towing. But tha’s another thread😁

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt Harwood said:

You are living the good life, my friend. I envy you. Enjoy!

Thanks Matt. Never been one to take many vacations and or just relax, ALWAYS something that’s gotta be done around Buick Gardens. But gotta admit I could get use to this. This site on Tugaloo River is awesome, even got our own little Point, I have officially named Buick Pointe.  😊 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Thanks Matt. Never been one to take many vacations and or just relax, ALWAYS something that’s gotta be done around Buick Gardens. But gotta admit I could get use to this. This site on Tugaloo River is awesome, even got our own little Point, I have officially named Buick Pointe.  😊 

Good you need relax time.....

• Thanks 1

Had quite a few visitors to our camp site. A retired Buick dealership owner from Indiana, said he sold many an Estate Wagon in the day. He offered me one of the framed bronze plaques with the 20’s service station like what was just on eBay but I told him thanks but  I already have one. He confirmed that they were given out to the salesmen as awards. 

Also a couple of retired GMAP workers. 

The trip home was uneventful and can’t wait for the next. 

6F2D47C9-07B6-4A73-9171-7DC559E33EE1.jpeg

4BC16381-4AE4-478B-8986-B258FEFB52C4.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I like it!  I'd like to see the look on the faces of the other campers when you crank up that Ernest Tubb tape :)

or Iron Butterfly Inagodadavida..... 

By the way, we've named the Argosy....  Groovin ....just fits 😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

or Iron Butterfly Inagodadavida..... *

By the way, we've named the Argosy....  Groovin ....just fits 😁**

* Make sure you turn up the volume during the drum solo

** Just don't limit yourselves to Sunday afternoons

• Like 1